South Coast of the DR.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Watch the new production of Mr. Eladio Perez and enjoy the virgin environment of the South coastal areas of the Dominican Republic.

Have fun!

[video=youtube_share;A3qJDjaIrKA]https://youtu.be/A3qJDjaIrKA[/video]

JJ

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Watch the new production of Mr. Eladio Perez and enjoy the virgin environment of the South coastal areas of the Dominican Republic.

Have fun!

[video=youtube_share;A3qJDjaIrKA]https://youtu.be/A3qJDjaIrKA[/video]

JJ

Beautiful. Where are those windmills?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You can kiss this beautiful paradise goodbye. By the time the
politicians and "investors" finish carving up this pie it will probably
look more like Punta Cana (full of AI's) than a tropical paradise.
Corruption, as always, WILL REIGN $UPREME!

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012

The whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016

I respectfully disagree. It'll be ten or fifteen years, if ever, before the government is interested in funding infrastructure that'll support resorts.
Granted it's a beautiful, rugged coast. However it doesn't have, for the most part, the beaches that the Punta Cana area has.

The next area that'll be poached in the near future is the Miches area, and that will be a shame.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We just returned from a 3 day trip to this area, Los Patos, San Rafael, lago Enriquillo, Cabo Rojo, Bahia de las aguilas. The roads arre for the most part good and it was a fun trip. Well worth visiting.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
The coast south of Barahona is astounding. The road south, as you know, winds along the hillsides and dips into lush jungled ravines, yet the vegetation changes dramatically as you emerge from a ravine in a matter of a couple of hundred feet. I've never seen anything like it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The coast south of Barahona is astounding. The road south, as you know, winds along the hillsides and dips into lush jungled ravines, yet the vegetation changes dramatically as you emerge from a ravine in a matter of a couple of hundred feet. I've never seen anything like it.

Yes it's true, desert to jungle in a few feet.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I respectfully disagree. It'll be ten or fifteen years, if ever, before the government is interested in funding infrastructure that'll support resorts.
Granted it's a beautiful, rugged coast. However it doesn't have, for the most part, the beaches that the Punta Cana area has.

The next area that'll be poached in the near future is the Miches area, and that will be a shame.

I agree in large part.

The developments south of Barahona will remain on the smaller scale other than perhaps a larger scale hillside villa community which has been planned for one of the current boutique hotels on the large property they own.

It will be different at Bahia de Las Aguilas though I suspect, and it was only a week or so back that the first development was announced along with the Pedernales airport development.

I truly is real and lovely DR and I would rather less brazen developments in this area than those seen on the East Coast (all the way up to and including Miches now), in search of tourist numbers.

Aug 6, 2006
The biggest setbacks are (1) the distance from the Capital (2) the sea is rough in many places with a lot of undertow and (3) many of the beaches are pebbles rather than sand. It will take a long time before there is major tourism S of Barahona, in my opinion.

Yes, I have been to Paraiso, Los Patos and San Rafael, and it is really nice.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The biggest setbacks are (1) the distance from the Capital (2) the sea is rough in many places with a lot of undertow and (3) many of the beaches are pebbles rather than sand. It will take a long time before there is major tourism S of Barahona, in my opinion.

Yes, I have been to Paraiso, Los Patos and San Rafael, and it is really nice.

In reference to point 1, Barahona is actually time wise closer to the capital than say Cabarete now with better roads, and if they build both the planned by passes around Bani and Azua the travel time will be no different than to Bavaro. Good for those of us that like this part of the country and want something totally different to city life and just beaches, but as you say unlikely to see mass tourism anytime soon......except on that beach.

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
I love Los Patos,it is our families vacation every year.Living in Jarabocoa,is like the upstate New York,my birth home.I am from Saratoga Springs.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I love Los Patos,it is our families vacation every year.Living in Jarabocoa,is like the upstate New York,my birth home.I am from Saratoga Springs.

Ever do any gold panning there? I did and came up with a tiny amount, but its there. If you are ever interested and know of some good rivers to work let me know. I have the gear and decent knowledge on how to extract the shiney. :) I also am familiar with upstate NY. Family in Glens Falls sister went to college in Saratoga.