Speed bumps everywhere!

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
I'm wondering if anyone can install a speed bump anywhere, at any time in the DR?
- ha,ha - Is there even a permit process? Or is this the Wild West?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
My primo works for the Ministry of Speedbumbs. I can get you a permit. Just give me $5000 US dollars.
. . . . . ok ok ok ok ok, just give me 1000 pesos.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Speed bumps made my life a misery yesterday. First, they decided to paint the ones in Sosua behind the beach during morning rush hour, causing big traffic jams (not helped by the usual line-jumpers). Then I got a shock in the afternoon in Cabarete main street, where they installed one yesterday outside Lifestyles, unsigned and unpainted. Nearly took my wheels off.

Reactions: cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Freddy must have gotten a supply of asphalt. He was filling potholes on the main highway near kite beach in in La Cienaga. Throw in a speed bump near Lifestyles for good measure.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
They're never painted and there is never any warning signs about them. It must be a racket with the auto repair places 😄

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
There must be some sort of approval process; I've seen them put down before and eliminated a few days later.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
yeah speedbumps, this must be the promised land for everyone who likes speedbumps. :ROFLMAO:
I understand the reason why they put them up is that they don't want people to speed in certain areas. However, does that really matter? especially with the Motos, they just jump right over them anyways. So instead of actually fixing the real "issue" with people being allowed on the road who should never be there in the first place, they just set up speed bumps that annoy the crap out of everyone else. I mean, the traffic situation since they set up those 4 speed bumps around the beach area, has just been awful. All of the traffic jams are solely because of them (and sometimes because of DIGISETT directing the traffic).

Fun thing though, here in Los Castillos, on the road behind the baseball field, the other day someone put up 3 speed bumps within like 50 meters. Like 5 days later, 2 of them had been removed :ROFLMAO:

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
We had a speedbump problem in my little Canadian hamlet, as the schoolkids were racing across them in mommy's and daddy's cars. The problem was solved by replacing the speedbumps with stop signs. Get the feeling that wouldn't work here.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Freddy must have gotten a supply of asphalt. He was filling potholes on the main highway near kite beach in in La Cienaga. Throw in a speed bump near Lifestyles for good measure.
Where are the speed bumps he promised for Kite Beach? One in the middle and one in front of La Curva... And yeah the traffic light in La Cienega (not a fan of). But yeah we need some speedbumps (Polizia Acostada) at Kite Beach. Maybe wait for the next major accident :unsure: