spine.do, Dr Georgiy Brusovanik

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Has anyone heard of this guy? He advertises himself as a spinal surgeon, which I think I might need for sciatica. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I have had horrible sciatica at various stages in my life.The last thing you want at this stage is a spine surgeon. Firstly ,you need to make sure that the problem is sciatica and not any other problem with a disc. You should have scans ,xrays etc and I have used the Diagnostic Centre attached to la Romana Central Hospital .you will need a doctors reference and it is just possible that it may have to be a doctor from la Romana Central .I am not sure. However, i have had my sciatica treated by first class physiotherapists who have the equipment to gently stretch the spine and who have heat treatment etc..I have never found one in the DR but possibly there are some,maybe attached to a hospital such as Plaza de Salud .
Wen I feel sciatica coming on I have a just two things I can not do. The first is not to drive and the second is do absolutely nothing that makes you bend forward , This mean you can not bend forward at the computer, nor bend forward to clean your teeth, nor to eat ,absolutely nothing. Then you must do exercises bending backwards at the hip. say 6 times bending back as far as you can and then hold the position for a few seconds. I do these exercises at least 10 times daily .And of course rest or sleep with your back straight . Maybe this will help ...No fee!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have had horrible sciatica at various stages in my life.The last thing you want at this stage is a spine surgeon. Firstly ,you need to make sure that the problem is sciatica and not any other problem with a disc. You should have scans ,xrays etc and I have used the Diagnostic Centre attached to la Romana Central Hospital .you will need a doctors reference and it is just possible that it may have to be a doctor from la Romana Central .I am not sure. However, i have had my sciatica treated by first class physiotherapists who have the equipment to gently stretch the spine and who have heat treatment etc..I have never found one in the DR but possibly there are some,maybe attached to a hospital such as Plaza de Salud .
Wen I feel sciatica coming on I have a just two things I can not do. The first is not to drive and the second is do absolutely nothing that makes you bend forward , This mean you can not bend forward at the computer, nor bend forward to clean your teeth, nor to eat ,absolutely nothing. Then you must do exercises bending backwards at the hip. say 6 times bending back as far as you can and then hold the position for a few seconds. I do these exercises at least 10 times daily .And of course rest or sleep with your back straight . Maybe this will help ...No fee!!!
Have you ever tried the tennis ball? Supposedly if you place a tennis ball at base of spine/lumbar and lie on it, it releases the nerve???? I haven’t tried it, but I do suffer with sciatica occasionally.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
PLEASE
Read Dr. John Sarno's books.
Healing Back Pain
The Divided Mind
I personally have been healed of my pain by applying his teachings (after the usual doctors, diagnosis, therapies etc.)
I believe he is a saint.
At least look him up...read the reviews on Amazon.

Reactions: NanSanPedro
I know people that have read his books and they changed their lives, for the better.

I would not choose to put myself under the knife for back surgery at least until I fully explored other options and had more than a few alternative opinions from proper medical personnel. Research, more research and think long and hard before consenting to surgery. I say this based on the many experiences of other people in my life.

Health and the best of luck in this to you.

Reactions: NanSanPedro