Spirit Airlines Launches Haiti, Dominican Republic Flights From Miami

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And none will depart nor arrive as scheduled
Agree on this one with you. The absolute worst airline. Avoid at all costs. But the good thing is that this will bring the prices down on the other airlines.

Mm530

Dec 28, 2014
I love Spirit Airlines. IT IS NOT for everyone. I have flown from Miami to NYC & DR numerous times for dirt cheap ! I travel solo and only bring a backpack ( packing skills). I have never had a flight delayed more than 20 minutes. If you expect comfort then go with other airlines. But im tired people saying Spirt sucks when its just not for everyone ! lol

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Agree on this one with you. The absolute worst airline. Avoid at all costs. But the good thing is that this will bring the prices down on the other airlines.
I like spirit. The base rate is pretty cheap and for another couple hundred bucks you can get a 50# checked bag, a carryon, priority boarding and a seat in the front rows with only two seats per row instead of three. That's if you enter the air travel mode in FLL though, the prices on the big front row seats go up by the leg. Not to mention the chances of the whole thing blowing up and you spending the night in an airport that wasn't even on your itinerary.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I fought for 2 tickets I purchased right before the big delay they had, took me month to get refund. Worst airline. You want best airline to go to DR? Go for jetBlue. Enuff said ...

Domphil

Dec 16, 2011
I like spirit. The base rate is pretty cheap and for another couple hundred bucks you can get a 50# checked bag, a carryon, priority boarding and a seat in the front rows with only two seats per row instead of three. That's if you enter the air travel mode in FLL though, the prices on the big front row seats go up by the leg. Not to mention the chances of the whole thing blowing up and you spending the night in an airport that wasn't even on your itinerary.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've flown Spirit in the past to both Santo Domingo and Kingston. Always packed light. Never had a negative experience however the last time I used them was at the beginning of 2012. I've been told their service has gone downhill since.