sponsorship to canada....process postings from start to finish

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
When we completed the process last year at the interview the IO told us she believed in our relationship and would do the background check. We had the visa less than 2 weeks later. Then again that was June 07 things have changed since then.

the interview was before the background check? Right now Haiti says they are doing a background check, no interview scheduled yet, so it looks like they are opposite from when you went. I would be so excited if my husband had his visa in less than 2 weeks

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Sangria where did you read this?

I saw on CITYtv 6pm news about a week and a half ago.....just caught the end of it so I can't add too much more but the recap was that they are starting to crack down on people in non-legitimate marriages applying for spousal immigration to Canada.

I wish I had seen more....

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
the interview was before the background check? Right now Haiti says they are doing a background check, no interview scheduled yet, so it looks like they are opposite from when you went. I would be so excited if my husband had his visa in less than 2 weeks

Mart if you MP said that Haiti said they believed you had a bona fide marriage you might not have an interview if they have already made the decision about your relationship but I am not sure.

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Hi Everyone

updates...June 9th...Haiti received lastest requested documents...original BC and orig marriage cert.

I am not sure what is next...interview or backgrond check?

Lexi...I have had no luck entering my B number into the goverment website...not sure why

Have a nice week

FM

Johana

May 24, 2006
FM

are you using your info (dob and country of birth) or your wife's?
You need to enter your spouse's info when using the Bfile number.

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Jo

I tried again but it seems the lawyer gave me too many numbers B---- ----- -

i will have to call him tmorrow. Does your B number have different results than the other id number?

thanks
FM

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
yes

my client number says unavailable, the B file number says they started processing in Jan. so they do say different things, one other hint I had to hyphenate my husband's last name before it would work

Johana

May 24, 2006
FM,

Does your wife have the number on the letter they sent her requesting the additional documents? That's where my husband got his.

Anna,
here is an article from ctv back in May regarding immigration targeting marriage fraud.
CTV.ca | Tories targeting immigrant marriage fraud: report

Although it doesn't say specifically how they are doing it - to your previous point this could be why they are requesting originals of documents previously sent.

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Hi Jo

I am working with a lawyer so yes i assume that is how the B number came about. He asked for the additional documents and at the same time gave me the B number

FM

Johana

May 24, 2006
FM,

when I use my husband's Bfile number I can see the date they started processing his application. That is all I can see - and still to this day when I use my Client Id it still says not available.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
For me - I use my Permanent Resient Card # and it shows my husbands case was "In Process" since April 24th. I don't have a B# yet. No requests for anything either - maybe it is too early yet.

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
Hi everyone,

I was just reading everyones post and I definetely feel the frustration.

Her is mine and my husbands time line:

Jan 22nd- documents sent to Mississauga

Jan 23rd- documents recieved in Mississauga

Feb 15th- got letter of approval from Mississauga and documents sent to Haiti

April 15th- website changed to in processing, it said they started processing our papers on April 8th

May 8th- my husband received a letter from Haiti asking for orginal birth certificate etc. The letter was dated April 30th.

Since then we haven't heard anything....just waiting very impatiently.

Anyne who sent in their papers in Jan pls let me know where you are at.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
I am exactly where you are at Princesa Pineda (we only have a difference of about 2 days) and I already contacted my MP to have them acknowledge receipt of the extra documents they requested my wife to send them again...

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
guys i have an update but is very confusing:
the embassy called me to tell me that i can drop my passport and while she was talking to me then she realized that in the system it says that i have to repeat a test from the medical examination; she asked me if i haven't received a letter by mail, i said no. so she told me to wait for the letter a week and if i don't receive it withing that time then i will have to contact the embassy in santo Domingo to pick up that document and redo the medical.
so i dont really know if right away after doing the medical i will drop the passport or if i will have to wait just some weeks before doing it......no idea. But so far we are happy cause it seems is almost done!!!! :)

Last edited:

Johana

May 24, 2006
Eve,

well I would definitely look at that as positive news :)
Personally, I wouldn't wait - I would first try calling Santo Domingo to see if the document is available to be picked up. It could already be there and you are waiting for someone to get around to making the phone call.

Best of luck!!!

FM,
if you are reading....have you had any updates????

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
Eve,

well I would definitely look at that as positive news :)
Personally, I wouldn't wait - I would first try calling Santo Domingo to see if the document is available to be picked up. It could already be there and you are waiting for someone to get around to making the phone call.

hi johanna,
thanks for the advice, i have called to embassy already but it gets to an answer machine....is it always like that? i though i could talk to a person, i have try about 4 times he he.

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Hey Jo

Latest update for our application...The embassy wanted more proof of my wife's indentity...letters from her doctor, another BC. I did not realize that there are so many different types of BC's in this country I think we have sent them all now. The problem was she was registered late in life and this seems to be a problem. I am currently in the DR now running around with her getting more proof and then getting the documents translated and will send them in early next week.

I am not really sure what is next..interview?

Here is hoping...

Great news for the ones who were successful as of late...

FM

Johana

May 24, 2006
I have only called Haiti and the person that answered transferred my call to a voicemail that does not accept messages.

Their web page has links to email
Dominican Republic :: Contact Us
Maybe they might respond to an email? If I thought my husband was that close to getting his visa I would try :)