sponsorship to canada....process postings from start to finish

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
thank you anna,

actually today i received a call to my cellphone but i couldn't answer it, it was at 12:14 pm, when i called back 10 minutes after, surprise!: it was from the embassy in santo dominigo but unfortunately it was closed already.
( i feel so much angry with myself)
now i will have to wait until monday to know what did they want, i am a bit skeptical and do not believe yet that is for picking up the passport since it has been just 1 week that i dropped it, but who knows maybe they are starting to being efficient!

i will let you know what happen on next week :)

They close at noon on Fridays so maybe they make out going calls but don't answer after 12:00 pm.

Let us know what happens on Monday

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
decision made and still no call me back

hi,
well today the website change to decision made; the embassy in SD haven't called yet;
i called to the embassy and explained to the operator my case and he send me to a voice mail; i also sent an email....
If they don't called me by Wednesday do you think that they will received me to pick up the passport, even though i don't really have the instructions to do it? i am afraid if i go they don't let me in and i loose time and money.

Eve :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Eve
did you call SD or Haiti? Try calling Haiti and they will tell you when it will arrive in SD because as others have written, when you drop off the passport in SD they take it to Haiti for the visa to be issued then it goes back to SD.

I wouldn't waste time and money unless they tell you it's ready and waiting in SD.

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
Hi anna, I called to the SD embassy cause remember on Friday I had a missed call from them , so I guess it was to tell me to pick up the passport.
You are also right, I guess I just have to wait until they call me back again, I hope they do it in this week so we dont have to think about it anymore.
I wouldn't been into this if only I had the cell phone close to me when they called.....

Eve

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Since they already called you - I would try harder to reach them. They wouldn't have called for no reason. From what my husband had and others on this board a lot of calls are made either on the Friday or Monday to pick up the Visa on Wednesday. Wednesday seems like a big day for picking up the Visas - after 1pm.

At this point, I would go and see. What do you have to lose at this point?? ESPECIALLY since the website has now changed to Decision Made - if it is there you don't want it sitting around collecting dust - go and get it!!!! Get you bum on the next plane to Canada to be with your husband!!!

Where are you??? Aren't you in Santo Domingo?

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
hi lexi !

how are you? well i called today again to the embassy and told him i got a called on Friday "to pick up the passport" etc....he asked me when did i drop it and what kind of visa was, and then told me to go on Thursday after 1:30 pm :)!!!!
yayyyyyyy !!!! thank you for encouraging me to call again!

Evelin

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
CONGRATULATIONS Evelin!!! I am soooo happy for you!! Bring a big coat - Canada is starting to get cold!! Let us know how it goes on Thursday!

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
CONGRATULATIONS Evelin!!! I am soooo happy for you!! Bring a big coat - Canada is starting to get cold!! Let us know how it goes on Thursday!

When I was there at the end of October it was friggin cold...now its freezing!..Congrats and enjoy the weather!!..hehehe;)

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
process ended!

hi,

Officially all of this process in ended; i went to the embassy and the guards were very nice, i had to wait a bit but finally i have my visa !:bunny:
the IO gave me an envelope that contains some pictures, the marriage/birth certified and something else i guess, she told me that i cant open it until arrive Canada.
we are very very happy and cant wait to finally live together, i will have to prepare mentally and physically for the cold he he.

thank you everybody for the support, specially Anna, johana and lexi :)

Cheers,
Evelin

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm so happy for you Evelin.

The envelope that they gave you and said not to open till you get to Canada might have to be opened in order to take a charter flight to Canada.

Some of the other members will tell you more. A charter flight is sometimes cheaper. Look at flights by Air transat and westjet. Should be easy to get a flight to Toronto.

Welcome to Canada, bring warm clothes ;)

Johana

May 24, 2006
Evelin,

I'm so happy for you and your husband!!!!!! What a wonderful early Christmas present!

The envelope they gave you with instructions not to open is for Immigration once you reach Canada. This contained the extra photos that we submitted with the application and Immigration used one of these photos for my husband's P.R. card. I'm not sure what else is in that envelope :)

Bienvenidos a Canada! If you have any questions once you get to Canada do not hesitate to contact me :)

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi everyone!

This is my uncompleted timeline:
April 9th/07 Married in Puerto Plata
March 24th/08 Sent sponsorship application to Mississauga
March 27th/08 Application received in Mississauga
April 18th/08 Approved as sponsor (papers sent to Ha?ti)
June 17th/08 ''IN PROCESS'' in Ha?ti
Aug 7th/08 Immigration sends a letter requesting more documents:(proof of relationship, original birth certificate, original marriage certificate, and so on...)
Sept 29th/08 Embassy receives the additional documents through FEDEX

According to what I've been reading in this forum I should expect some news soon... I would like to wish good luck to every person who is having their patience tested like mine and congradulate the ones who no longer have to worry about that! (Thanks for supporting the rest of although your loved one is finally with you!)

I'm so pleased DR1 exists!

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Evelin - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! You must be over the moon excited! I am so pleased for you and your husband!!

Mario just got his PR card as it went to my old address - not sure why as we update out address but oh well! He has it now!

The pictures etc are for Immigration to do your Permanentt Resident Card!!

It is so wonderul to see good news like this! I hope you enjoy Canada!!

MBG: Good luck with your application!