Sponsorship to Canada

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hello, Within the sponcership package there is a medical form and a police clearance form , Does anyone know the time line for completing these ,are they completed by the police dept/doctors office right there when you take the form in or are they returned to you at a later date once completed?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We have a lot of informative people here that will answer your question and while we are waiting be sure not to have the medical and police report done too early as they are only good for year.

Last edited:

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
Hello, the forms from package can be taken to doctor and police department but they will not fill in. At Dr. office they will give you a completed different form that you will need to send with the application. For the police certificate, you need to send (original) translated by a credited translator. You do those when you are ready to send everything since they are only good for 1 year. Police certificate takes a couple of minutes to get and when you go to dr. you get form after medicals are done.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
When you go to get your police Report you can pay extra to have it ready within one hour or pay the normal rate and wait all day for it. Pay the extra!

The Medical will give you the filled in paper receipt of the forms to send in with your application and they will give that to you right then after the medical has been performed.

Then you will need to get the Police Report translated into English (or French if you are sending your papers in in French) and send both that and the original in your package.

The Medicals are good for one year and the Police Report says on the form that it is only good for 90 days but I believe no one has been asked to redo this one due to it expiring????? I could be wrong. I think as long as you have it sent in your package to Immigration within that time you would be okay.

jojocdn

Mar 9, 2008
we were asked in June to bring a new police records check when my husband got the email in June requesting extra documents (to be brought to the embassy)...I believe ours had just expired and it was one of the documents on the list to bring in...so he got another one...

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Hi There,
My husband and I got his medical and police certificates completed in two days. The medical had to be done at the Clinic in Santo Domingo. It took about 2.5 hours. There were xrays, blood tests and a physical exam. We were able to do everything in the same building. It costs about 4100$ pesos.

The police record check also had to be done in Santo Domingo, but I didn't go with my husband so I can't remember where he said he had to go. He said it took about an hour. I think it cost 600$ pesos.

As for douments expiring, I am not sure as our application is in the works.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck :)