Sports Bar

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I would like options on the best sports bar near Sosua/ Cabarete for viewing college football. Thanks
I cannot tell you what the "best" sports for you is going to be...
But, I can give you a few options:
1. I think it is called Kings (the old Rumba). They have many TVs playing sports of all kinds.
2. There is one next to Blue Ice Piano Bar
3. Brick City Flames Sports Bar
4. Flip Flop Sports Bar
🍻

DannyMalibu

Jun 13, 2022
Sosua
Malibu’s on Playa Sosua #109 halfway down the beach - I own it and unless your looking for University of Michigan ( I went to MSU ) you’ll be happy.
Flip Flop‘s at the top of the beach road is another great spot, also American owned.
Fat Jessies, Matteo’s and King’s Rhumba bar will all have the games on also.

If I ever decide to build another bar in this country ( I won’t ) it would be a nice sports bar in Cab. They are sorely lacking one.

Jwa9072

Aug 5, 2022
Florida
Thanks Danny, Go Sparty. I graduated from U of FL so I'm an sec fan. 5 years ago you could go to O'Shays in Cabarete for all games and they got the sec package also. On the beach, football and beer NICE. I'll say hello and have a beer when I'm in Sosua. Thanks again

Jwa9072

Aug 5, 2022
Florida
I cannot tell you what the "best" sports for you is going to be...
But, I can give you a few options:
1. I think it is called Kings (the old Rumba). They have many TVs playing sports of all kinds.
2. There is one next to Blue Ice Piano Bar
3. Brick City Flames Sports Bar
4. Flip Flop Sports Bar
🍻
Thanks Vegas. Looks like a couple votes for Flip Flops

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
great thread.

- what in your opinion is the best sports bar in Santo Domingo city?
I don’t know which is the best sports bar in general in Santo Domingo and for American sports but last summer during the Euro football (soccer) I discovered a place called “Tiro Libre” meaning free kick. It was in Los Prados. I watched the final there England against Italy. They have European football as a theme. The owner is from Peru and the food is Peruvian Ceviche and so on. Very good food. They had several screens and one large screen. They show all kinds of football (Soccer) games. I thought it was an excellent spot.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
What happened to that place in Sosua that we were chatting about, the one that didn't serve alcohol and you got a bag of candy and could play tiddlywinks all afternoon? They had sports showing didn't they?

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What happened to that place in Sosua that we were chatting about, the one that didn't serve alcohol and you got a bag of candy and could play tiddlywinks all afternoon? They had sports showing didn't they?
Somebody said he closed after 3 days.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
You're as bad as I am. Hooters closed a few years ago. I'm really surprised they didn't open again.

I had a girlfriend who got a job there. She dumped me about a month later. lol
:eek:

Now that you mentioned it...I have not been there since before the lockdown.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
:eek:

Now that you mentioned it...I have not been there since before the lockdown.
In SD what about Chili’s in Bella Vista although I went there last summer asking if they showed the Euro football. The game had started and they couldn’t find it and despite having tons of screens it didn’t seem as if they knew about any sports events.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Somebody said he closed after 3 days.
One day actually,lol. I know Randy personally,he had a ton of people tell him it was a bad idea. He also opened a hair extension business for his "girlfriend" but she robbed him and he closed that place too. A nice guy but well his nickname in our circle is Trainwreck. He's actually a very nice and generous guy,just wreckless.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
One day actually,lol. I know Randy personally,he had a ton of people tell him it was a bad idea. He also opened a hair extension business for his "girlfriend" but she robbed him and he closed that place too. A nice guy but well his nickname in our circle is Trainwreck. He's actually a very nice and generous guy,just wreckless.

Such a shame I would have loved to have gone there.