starbucks coming to DR

R

Ricardo900

Hopefully they will go all out and open a "Starbucks Reserve". I went to one in L.A. on La Brea and it was very cool hangout spot with signature snacks and sandwich. How bout a "Fat-Free Iced Caramel Macchiato, Upside Down, Extra Caramel"

or just a plain "Tall Pike Red Eye with Room"! Yummm!

C

Cortez

Can't help it... Cafe Santo Domingo? Uh huh. It is stuffed with fillers. Sad! Drink Bustelo.
..santo Domingo.. as of a few months ago is a pale shadow of its former self....does any body knows what happened?...................

D

Dr_Taylor

In Santo Domingo there are plenty of Dominicans who would pay 6 bucks for a cup and coffee and not even think twice about it. Starbucks will just be another place to be seen in SD.
Truer words have never been spoken. Moreover, I can see quite a few visiting North Americans in there as well.

U

user123

If you said Tim Hortons I'd be excited. Fresh Boston Cream on Pedro Clisante, for some 50 pesos...
drooling_homer.gif

U

user123

They will do great. I bet they will have more customers from the poor barrios that the rich. Girls will be saving for a week so they can have a selfie with Starbucks cup to post it on Instagram.

T

Tamborista

You know a Dominican industrialist like Pichardo or his posse will open a clone with the same green Starbucks logo a few blocks away, call it Starboyz.

Starbucks does not even brew actual coffee, if you watch closely, it is coffee flavored concentrate, and they add boiling water. Pure basura.

C

Cortez

You know a Dominican industrialist like Pichardo or his posse will open a clone with the same green Starbucks logo a few blocks away, call it Starboyz.

Starbucks does not even brew actual coffee, if you watch closely, it is coffee flavored concentrate, and they add boiling water. Pure basura.

..the new starboyz will probably use a concentrate of the new garbage version of Santo Domingo cafe...............

R

rafael

I have a nespresso vertuoline at home so only have coffee at cafes maybe twice a week to just get out of the house. Hate starbucks coffee. Cafe Santo domingo is better. The places that have illy are better. Do not under estimate the appeal to dominicans to order a veinte or a giant frapp and walking around with it for four hours. Went to a place last night with live merengue and a typical dominican crowd. Not even remotely exclusive. Two girls came in and sat at the bar. They stayed more than 2.5 hours. One ordered a corona and the other apple juice. The amount of pictures, selfies and videos uploaded to feybu and insta was impressive. Milking a single corona for at least 2.5 hours? Can you imagine a veinte?

It was actually cool to see how they spent almost nothing and were having the times of their lives. There was another table with a heavy set chica rocking a midriff shirt and a shorter skinny girl sharing a single mediana for maybe 90 min. Neither was asked to dance so they bailed early.

C

chico bill

If you said Tim Hortons I'd be excited. Fresh Boston Cream on Pedro Clisante, for some 50 pesos...
drooling_homer.gif

Chic-Fil-A on Pedro Clisante would put 3 Chinese Pica Pollo restaurants out of bidnez

F

frank12

I wouldn't underestimate Starbucks. "Factoring in the company's $22.39 billion in annual sales, and dividing it by the number of days in the year, but not adjusting for the relative strength of particular days and day parts, suggests that Starbucks banks about $61.3 million every day."

Their marketing strategy and teams are unparalleled. No one thought they could break into the Norwegian market--which was saturated with fantastic cafes--but the appeal of their Frappuccinos was unmatched by everyone. No one saw it coming, least of all me.

Even their Teas are unique and fantastic.

"Starbucks operated 13,275 stores worldwide and licensed another 14,064, including 5,708 in the U.S."

D

Dr_Taylor

I wouldn't underestimate Starbucks. "Factoring in the company's $22.39 billion in annual sales, and dividing it by the number of days in the year, but not adjusting for the relative strength of particular days and day parts, suggests that Starbucks banks about $61.3 million every day."
Agreed. A store exists across the street from the cathedral in Seville. I could not believe it. Thereafter, a member of my party asked us to wait while she went to purchase a cup of coffee. Can you imagine? You are in Spain, and she wanted Starbucks. I waited at the gelato stand.

J

JDJones

I found Induban Gormet molido Sunday at Jumbo. Gonna give that a try next.

Also grabbed a Monte Alto. Good stuff.

B

Big

what's a man bun

its a stupid hair style that young men wear pulling their long hair onto the top of their head making a bun. It simultaneously makes them look ridiculous and limits their employment prospects.

P

Polar Bear

It should fail, miserably, but with the "need to be seen" mentality a well placed Starbucks has a hope. Too bad since their product sucks.