starbucks coming to DR

F

Fulano2

Buy beans and grind them yourself, or buy a machine like we have that automatically grinds them and makes espresso. Saeco. No fillers.

My suegra used to swear there were ground up guandules in Cafe Santo Domingo molido. :)
Coffee is a nightmare in RD, I even brought coffee from the Netherlands on my regular trips, horrible, and Santo Domingo is the worst.

B

bigbird

Back On Topic ...........

Starbucks isn't about the coffee but about The Starbucks Experience ..........

Starbucks. When you say the name, it automatically conjures up an image: an upscale coffee bar with light wood, glass and chrome. The invigorating and inviting aroma of brewed coffee and the café atmosphere has made Starbucks the best-known specialty coffee roaster and server in the world. Starbucks has done an excellent job of branding their company - it is the only coffee brand that is on the list of 100 most recognized brands in the world. What makes the Starbucks brand and the Starbucks coffee experience so ubiquitous that it ranks up there alongside Google, McDonalds and Coca Cola in name and brand recognition?

Sheer size and Starbuck's number of locations has something to do with name recognition and popularity. With over 16,000 shops worldwide, Starbucks is certainly one of the most visible brands in the world. However, this is not a matter of the chicken or the egg - in order to become so visible, Starbucks had to start off with something special in the first place. It is that "something special" that defines the Starbucks coffee experience.

https://www.streetdirectory.com/foo..._the_starbucks_coffee_experience_special.html

F

Fulano2

Well, on every corner in Italy you drink better stuff than Starbucks, it's the MacDonalds of the coffee-world.