Starlink Arrived in the DR

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Has anyone actually paid and got a confirmation? I keep getting error codes no matter which RNC number I put in.
I have paid... Unfortunately it isnt what they promised at $599. My total came out to $712.. Sent a message to support..

The bigger problem you are going to have is shipping. It doesnt accept addresses. I put in the street name where DHL Bavaro is located and wrote DHL on the second address line and it accepted it. Dont know if thats going to work..

Where I live,, the street doesnt even have a name.

Reactions: reilleyp and beeza

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I have paid... Unfortunately it isnt what they promised at $599. My total came out to $712.. Sent a message to support..

The bigger problem you are going to have is shipping. It doesnt accept addresses. I put in the street name where DHL Bavaro is located and wrote DHL on the second address line and it accepted it. Dont know if thats going to work..

I am wondering if the site is having problems in general. I had problems with everything, and then when I sent a message to Support, that would not even go through.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I am wondering if the site is having problems in general. I had problems with everything, and then when I sent a message to Support, that would not even go through.
Yes me too.

I'm having second thoughts about subscribing a LOT of money to a company that I cannot communicate with. There is no phone number, no direct link to a "Contact us" button, no live chat. Eventually you have to go through the FAQs in the support page, press a thumbs down button and it brings up a customer support form. Which I filled out. When I hit the "submit" button, I got the same "Something went wrong on our end. Please wait and try again"

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Its does not appears to take my USA issued Visa anymore (it did for the deposit), what issuing country are you all using for your Credit Cards?

Reactions: beeza

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
its a shipping address they are asking for
This not going well. You cant send a support ticket. No phone number, etc
Two credit card companies also flagged it as potential fraud and declined the transaction. They said it has no phone number, and it was for Starlink Internet, billing out of Panama. Anyone have a way to ensure this is legit since there is no way to contact them? Do they have a Facebook page?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Its does not appears to take my USA issued Visa anymore (it did for the deposit), what issuing country are you all using for your Credit Cards?
That could be an issue. I'm trying to use my UK bank issued debit card. Like you, it was the same card I paid the deposit with.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006

Did you pay with a Dominican bank card?

It appears a couple of us are having problems with foreign cards.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010

Includes local taxes of 5000 says mine. I can even send message to support

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
they answered me really quickly....

What was I thinking???? Of course DR is going to stick there greedy little fingers into the price and charge a huge tax.. I guess abiner isnt going to be bring Starlink to the masses like he said

"We apologize regarding the confusion for the price of the kit. Please note that the initial price of the kit is DOP 32,966.10. The added price you paid for the hardware is tied to the tax rate for DOP 5,933.90. We substracted the $99 deposit you already paid for a total of DOP 33,516.05."

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Did you pay with a Dominican bank card?

It appears a couple of us are having problems with foreign cards.
I paid with a Citi Mastercard with no problems... I also ordered an ethernet port after the purchase which costs an additional 4000 pesos and they used the card on file. I didnt even have to enter the cvc number

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
How did you get it to accept your address?
I had an RNC for some reason when I moved in 2016. Vegamovil got it for me so I could buy the car. I put it in and it worked. Other than the car, this is the 1st time I used it.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
How did you get it to accept your address?
here is what I put...have ZERO idea if it will show up at DHL

ORDER STATUS
PREPARING SHIPMENT
SHIPPING ADDRESS
AV. ESTADOS UNIDOS,DHL
Punta Cana... it wouldnt accept Bavaro