Starlink Arrived in the DR

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
I keep getting "Something went wrong on our end. Please wait and try again" every time I try to complete the order. A friend of mine is also getting the same.
In case this was happening when I used USA issued credit card.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Can you tell us exactly how you paid? It seems no one else has been able to do this. Were you in the DR when you paid? Did you use a DR credit card or from a different country? Did you use your RNC or did you "borrow" o
I used my CitiBank Mastercard from USA. I would never use a dominican card for anything. I dont have one and dont want one.
A dominican card would never reverse a charge. I have had to dispute charges several times when things broke or the gas station tried to rip me off. Every time Citi reversed the charges.

I had an RNC that Vegamovil got for me when I purchased a car in 2016. I have never had to use it. It only took a day to get back then.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Still can't complete the order or contact customer support. It may be due to my UK bank rejecting the payment. For some online payments with my bank card I get a popup link to my bank for further verification. I'm not getting this popup.

I am still unable to contact customer support. I keep getting the "Something went wrong at our end" message.

That does not inspire confidence. I think I'll give up for now.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Still can't complete the order or contact customer support. It may be due to my UK bank rejecting the payment. For some online payments with my bank card I get a popup link to my bank for further verification. I'm not getting this popup.

I am still unable to contact customer support. I keep getting the "Something went wrong at our end" message.

That does not inspire confidence. I think I'll give up for now.
Same thing with me. I cannot even send them a message, it reads;
  • Something went wrong on our end. Please wait and then try again.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Same thing with me. I cannot even send them a message, it reads;
  • Something went wrong on our end. Please wait and then try again.
I sent another message to support.. Went through and answered next day.. I wanted to change shipping address...
wasnt possible because it was already packed AND this morning Starlink shipped

Shipment has departed from a DHL facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA, Tracking Code:​

02. August 2022 06:29 Local time, CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA
Origin
Service Area: LONG BEACH, CA - USA

Destination
Service Area: SANTO DOMINGO - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Estimated Delivery Date

05. August 2022 - By End of Day​

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I sent another message to support.. Went through and answered next day.. I wanted to change shipping address...
wasnt possible because it was already packed AND this morning Starlink shipped

Shipment has departed from a DHL facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA, Tracking Code:​

Origin

Destination
Estimated Delivery Date

05. August 2022 - By End of Day​

Thanks for the update. I am going to ask a friend in the Dominican republic to try to place the order for me because it is not working here in the US.

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
FYI I placed the order while in Canada. Update:

Shipment has departed from a DHL facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA,​

Origin

Destination
Estimated Delivery Date

04. August 2022 - By End of Day​

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Origin

Destination
Estimated Delivery Date

Thanks for being our Guinea pig on this one.

Reactions: zeferus

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

Origin

Destination
Estimated Delivery Date

Can you pay for my 3 and I will give you the money next time I see you? ;)

hacksign

Aug 1, 2022
dominican republic
hello guys
we'll let me explain my case to see if anyone can help me since i only got until Thursday to confirm my order, I have tried different CC like Visa Master Card, credit and Debit (all from Dominican Republic), at the beginning i was getting a charge of 18 cents USD but now i just getting "An error occurred. Please try again." while filling a ticket i get "Something went wrong on our end. Please wait and then try again." i have tried change mi browser, my device i think i have tried everything. I don't want to lose my turn :C help

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
hello guys
we'll let me explain my case to see if anyone can help me since i only got until Thursday to confirm my order, I have tried different CC like Visa Master Card, credit and Debit (all from Dominican Republic), at the beginning i was getting a charge of 18 cents USD but now i just getting "An error occurred. Please try again." while filling a ticket i get "Something went wrong on our end. Please wait and then try again." i have tried change mi browser, my device i think i have tried everything. I don't want to lose my turn :C help
Are you physically in the DR or another country while doing this?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I just got a second email for one of my subscriptions, and it gives me a new 7 day window. Just tried everything again with US credit card while in the US. Failed.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I just got a second email for one of my subscriptions, and it gives me a new 7 day window. Just tried everything again with US credit card while in the US. Failed.
I just had my friend try to process it from Santo Domingo using my US credit card, and it does not show a balance due, but it only charged me 18 cents. No other amounts were declined. I am going to postpone my trip on Space X until he gets past this whole Twitter deal. I don't want to get stuck on Mars.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I'm having the exact same problems. I'm in the DR and trying to complete the order using my UK Lloyds international debit card. On some transactions the payment process will link to a 3d secure website which usually sends a text to my phone to confirm the transaction. I'm not getting past the confirm order page, I keep getting the "Something went wrong" message.

If you Google "Starlink customer service" you will find lots of articles of pissed off customers who cannot get satisfaction. They can send hundreds of satellites into space, but can't install a phone at the HQ! What a joke. And for that reason, I'm OUT.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I just had my friend try to process it from Santo Domingo using my US credit card, and it does not show a balance due, but it only charged me 18 cents. No other amounts were declined. I am going to postpone my trip on Space X until he gets past this whole Twitter deal. I don't want to get stuck on Mars.
Success!!!! She tried it again and it worked!!!

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Please tell us the details may be we can replicate
All I can say is keep trying. Maybe log out, delete your cookies and start over. I ordered three. The first one was successful with the assistance of a friend in Santo Domingo. She used my US Visa Debit card and her Santo Domingo shipping address for installation in Samana.
The second one I successfully completed here in the US just now with my US Visa Credit card, shipped to her address in Santo Domingo for installation in Samana. I have one more to go. If I am successful I will share with you which RNC number I used.