Starlink Arrived in the DR

hacksign

Aug 1, 2022
dominican republic
Guys!!! To the ones who were having problems with the address, i test a few minutes ago and get to validate my address, try for yourself have in mind that it has to be in some kind of format that dhl have for example i live in santo domingo este, i had to use SANTO DOMINGO in city and SANTO DOMINGO as province as well, use this tool to see how you have to write it https://dct.dhl.com/

Reactions: zeferus

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
I was waiting at the DHL office last night when my Starlink arrived. The van had at least a dozen other Starlink boxes in it.
The driver said he started receiving all these boxes today. Yeah asked if there was going to be more to come, and I told them there would be a lot more if people could figure out what the address is to use. The address I used was just the street name for the DHL office in Fruisa. But the city had to be Punta Cana.

The box was up and running in less than five minutes. I immediately got a download speed of 147 MB. From what I understand it needs to orient itself for a few hours. About 10 hours later I now have a download speed of 197 MB. Thank you Elon. I can now throw away this Claro trash.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Guys!!! To the ones who were having problems with the address, i test a few minutes ago and get to validate my address, try for yourself have in mind that it has to be in some kind of format that dhl have for example i live in santo domingo este, i had to use SANTO DOMINGO in city and SANTO DOMINGO as province as well, use this tool to see how you have to write it https://dct.dhl.com/
it's going to be shipped through DHL. I suggest just putting your street name of the local office and DHL on the second line. That worked for me.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Has anyone used a Miami Courier address for their dish? EPS, Domex, etc?

hacksign

Aug 1, 2022
dominican republic
Has anyone used a Miami Courier address for their dish? EPS, Domex, etc?
That way gonna be way but way too expensive since the price that starlink is giving you already include import taxes, if order through EPS for example you will be going to pay import taxes again and other shipping taxes so i recommend to be patient

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
For those wondering the monthly cost is DOP 7,080.
For me the magic number was $100 or less.

I have to thank Altice for my 200Mbps for 4K pesos.

What's funny is nothing in my house supports more than 100 except my cel phone. LOL

Reactions: zeferus

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Update: i have contacted the support and provide screenshots of the issues trying to complete the pre-order and explain that even a new order was impossible due to the problem of shipping address validation but most importantly that the error was affecting all the dominicans here's the response
How do you actually contact them? Mine was cancelled and I cant create a ticket. It always says failed on their end.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Watch him chop the cost of the dishes and/or monthly service and pull the rug out from under the FCC.

Even if he doesn't, what's a billion bucks to him?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
It depends. How much cash/liquid assets does he have? Having tons of stocks and RE is great but it's not liquid. I know if I lost a billion $, I would notice.
He just sold 6.9 B of Tesla stock yesterday. I don't think he's hurting for cash.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
FCC denies funding for Starlink
Musk rocked some political boats.

Every month on my US bill are a lot of taxes “to provide rural internet service”. Musk should get some because the cable and phone companies are not moving fast enough and in many cases, bill individuals tens of thousands to run fiber or cable.

Reactions: chico bill