Started sponsorship to Canada for my wife....Carlos process from start to finish

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
thank you. my wife and I just finished doing this now. I hope they answer us next week

thanks again for the help

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
i just wanted to mention that i will go there on december 28th for 2 weeks if she doesnt come before or gets the call... her medicals expire on january 3rd.... so i am hoping they call her before...

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
hey Carlos my husband is coming on December 27th and we are thinking the same as you, lets pray for us to be with our husband/wife for next year in Canada. my husband says that he doesn't want to go through the painful moment of going back alone again .
hopefully both of us are going to get the call within this month !!! ;) lets keep positive.

cheers,
Evelin

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
update

I just came back from Dominican, where I was visiting my wife... is going to be 1 year since we started our case.... well here it goes:

Dec 29, 2007-Married

Jan 18, 2008-papers sent to Mississauga

Feb 12, 2008-approved as a sponsor

April 8, 2008-application in processing

May 8, 2008-received letter asking for additiona documents (letter dated back to April 22, 2008) the additional documents were:
- More proofs of relationship, in particular of comunication, since the beginning of the relationship (phone bills, letters, emails, cards, receipts of money send, property/vehicle/insurance/bank account in common, trips together, receipts of money send, photos together, etc).
- Copies of sponsor?s passport page showing all entry and exits stamps since 2001.
- Copy of your ?certificat de selection du quebec?
- Original marriage certificate (?extracto de acta de matrimonio?)
- Original birth certificate (?extracto de acta de nacimiento?)

May 14, 2008-my wife sent in all the requested docs via UPS exept for the property in common 'cause we dont own any vehicles or houses./...

May 15, 2008-Port au prince CAnadian embassy received all the documents sent by my wife

June 15, 2008-emailed Haiti through the CIC website asking if docs had been recieved (no answer to date)

August 15, 2008-put in a call to MP's office asking for an update (a couple of days later they got back to me telling be that the application was still within the normal proc. time and we have to wait for them to continue the process. they also said that port au prince said they got all the documents my wife sent on June 19th when they received them on May 15th and a guy named Thomas signed for them)

Dec 7, 2008-recieved an update from my MP stating that we recently requested information about our case and we would have to wait until January to send an email again

Jan 11, 2009 called mp office and they have to get back to me to request for an update because the person in charge wasnt in
----------------------------------------------

I dont really need to say how painful it is for a couple to be apart once more after 3 trips I had to do to Dominican. this was my first trip after I got married and originally i though I wasnt going to have to go there again cause I was going to have my wife here with me.... but i was just dreaming I guess... LOL

she is super sad. I am super sad... we are both depressed but we hope they send us something before july, because thats when the 17 month limit they say will take place for the processing office that has our PR application.

let's see how things go...

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
and yes, I had to get back to montreal without her... i dont even know how I have the strength to write this here, I have been very sad all day..... just thinking that I was with her yesterday noon and today I can just think of me being so close to her yesterday.... being apart is not easy... she has been crying all day since we were apart yesterday afternoon in santo domingo... hopefully things will get better for us... I know they will ask us to do the medicals again becauyse hers expired Jan. 3rd...

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi Carlos!

My heart goes out to you... I'm in a similar situation:got married in April07 sent my application in March 08, approved in April In process since June 17th. Received the letter requesting picture,,,,and so on in August, sent what they asked for in September, e-mailed them in December to make sure the received everything, they confirmed and said the applications are being queued since there's a high volume...(We re-did the medicals on Dec 29th since the 1st one was expired on Oct 30th). I'm waiting and waiting and waiting....It's very nervebreaking.....

By the way I live in Montreal! If ever you wanna talk or get together send me a message! This won't bring our spouses sooner but ....I don't know anyone in Mtl going through what I'm going through !

Good Luck! (No te desespere!)

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
Waiting for spouses: Wives??..re Immigration Canada

can any of you say who is waiting for a Wife as opposed to a husband? it seems to take more time... specially here in montreal, quebec...

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
can any of you say who is waiting for a Wife as opposed to a husband? it seems to take more time... specially here in montreal, quebec...

Which seems to take more time waiting for a wife or husband ?

Maybe in Quebec it's about the same for husband and wife but it's longer than other provinces because of the application of both immigration laws and regulations and the federal-provincial agreement for the selection of the permanent residents. I know Ontario too has an agreement with Canada but maybe the application is less complicated ????

Last edited by a moderator:

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Waiting for wife

I can say I am waiting for my wife and now newborn son born February 3rd.

Johana

May 24, 2006
FM,

did your wife hand in her passport????? You haven't posted any updates - have been thinking about you and your wife.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi guys!

Well, I'm waiting for my husband. We sent the application on March 24th 2008.

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
A bit off topic here, but why is it in others opinions that 95% of the spouses being sponsored are men ???

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
just an idea but alot of men come to the DR looking for younger ladies...not necessarily a wife to bring home.

girls often go for vacation and the relationship comes after.

this isnt true in all cases (or yours) but just from what you read on the other forums here there seems to be a lot of much older men that come for sun and fun with no strings attached....also first hand witness in places like cabarete and sosua.

could be 1 reason there is such a difference.

i also dont know why it seems to take the men longer to sponsor their wives vs. women sponsoring their husbands. but then again nothing in this process makes any sense so why would this be any different ;) !