Started sponsorship to Canada for my wife....Carlos process from start to finish

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
It isn't always faster for women to sponsor their husbands, there has been plenty of women who have had to wait a long time too! I have been waiting for over a year :( althought I hope our waiting will soon be coming to an end as my hubby has been notified he will need an interview, now we are just waiting for the interview to be booked!

Carlos has your wife heard anything??? I hope she will soon!

Good luck to everyone waiting!!!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Maybe women are proned to fall faster then men....Or men over there got better lines then women do...More men are looking for a way out..I don't know....Just thinking out loud (Don't take anything I said seriously..)

Have a great day everyone!

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
my wife hasnt heard anything... i am contacting my mp next month if there is nothing....
it really feels awful when someone else gets the visa or call and they started after you... really....

to add to what Sangria said, I am 24 years old and my wife is 21... I am a Dominican born citizen and I will take a test tomorrow to become a canadian citizen... so it is not like i am a canadian that went to dominican to get a woman to bring here.... i know my wife since we were teenagers in high school and i even have pictures of us together in dominican during breaks at school when I didnt even think of coming to live in canada when my father decided to sponsor me... I can tell you that i even have an accent (even though many people say i dont) when i speak english, so to make this clear, I AM A DOMINICAN BORN INMIGRANT AND A PERMANENT RESIDENT up to date... i wouldnt be sponsoring someone if this wasnt what it is to me... trust me, i wouldnt be going through this freaking pain... BECAUSE THIS WHOLE PROCESS IS A HUGE PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yes, I lived in Dominican for the first 19 yrs of my life (again, i am 24 now) and i know what it is not to have electricity home for 24 straight hours, i know what it is not to have enough money in your pocket to take public transportation and even worse, i know what it is not to have hope of getting a decent job to pay your own bills.... I am dominican and I made a transition in my life when I came here and I am one of the few people any of you could come across that can establish a difference between living here, having a decent job and living there and not having anything... not even hope.....

but anyways, i will just continue waiting, praying, working to save money and hoping..... there is nothing left for us to do... really

Last edited:

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
my wife hasnt heard anything... i am contacting my mp next month if there is nothing....
it really feels awful when someone else gets the visa or call and they started after you... really....

to add to what Sangria said, I am 24 years old and my wife is 21... I am a Dominican born citizen and I will take a test tomorrow to become a canadian citizen... so it is not like i am a canadian that went to dominican to get a woman to bring here.... i know my wife since we were teenagers in high school and i even have pictures of us together in dominican during breaks at school when I didnt even think of coming to live in canada when my father decided to sponsor me... I can tell you that i even have an accent (even though many people say i dont) when i speak english, so to make this clear, I AM A DOMINICAN BORN INMIGRANT AND A PERMANENT RESIDENT up to date... i wouldnt be sponsoring someone if this wasnt what it is to me... trust me, i wouldnt be going through this freaking pain... BECAUSE THIS WHOLE PROCESS IS A HUGE PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yes, I lived in Dominican for the first 19 yrs of my life (again, i am 24 now) and i know what it is not to have electricity home for 24 straight hours, i know what it is not to have enough money in your pocket to take public transportation and even worse, i know what it is not to have hope of getting a decent job to pay your own bills.... I am dominican and I made a transition in my life when I came here and I am one of the few people any of you could come across that can establish a difference between living here, having a decent job and living there and not having anything... not even hope.....

but anyways, i will just continue waiting, praying, working to save money and hoping..... there is nothing left for us to do... really

I hear your frustrations, believe me...... Don`t wait to contact your MP, do it ASAP. I really do believe that helps push them to get moving on ours. Among other reasons too, but it really can`t hurt to do it now.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hang in here Carlos. I can't remember what your MP said last time you contacted them but I wouldn't wait a month unless that is what you were told.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
i heard from them at the end of january... they said we didnt need to do anything and we just had to wait longer because our process was still whithin the normal processing time which is 17 months. in reality, july is our last month of waiting... i will call tomorrow and bother them again to see what they say....

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
Carlos I am praying for your wife to hear something very soon! My MP's office always tell me that too, that all we can do is wait because we are still within the normal processing time it sucks when you MP's office doesn't want to help it :(

I really hope your wife will get a call very soon, if anyone has been waiting a long time it is you and it is time that they finally move forward with your papers. Of course I hope everyone will hear something soon, but I am praying extra for you and your wife. It will happen :)

Johana

May 24, 2006
Carlos,

it's very easy for your MP's office to tell you that you are still within "normal processing times" but you know how many people have applied after you and have been called to drop off passports. I would tell the MP's office that and insist that they get you an update.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
what form?...re Immigration Canada

what is the form my wife or myself should have filled out (we havent done that yet) in order for the port au price embassy to give me information in regards to our case if I send a fax or email? we didnt fill that form and when i send an email through the case specific inquiry link they never respond... i also noticed this when i did my CAIPS notes because it said in a section that there was no authorization to release information regarding our case...

can anybody help?

thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks Bob

In section 7 the applicant signs in either authorization or withdrawal case right?

Last edited:

Johana

May 24, 2006
They way I read the form is whichever option you choose (authorize or withdraw) is what you are signing for in section 7.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
thank you guys, you are very helpful. where do i send this form? CIC Mssga or Port au prince or both places?

thanks again

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Carlos the link I gave you has the form that can be filled out and print. Or print it out and fill it later

Last edited:

Johana

May 24, 2006
Carlos,

The form seems a little ambiguous as to where to send it. Technically your wife's application first went to CIC Mississauga and they sent it on to Haiti.
However, I would think you would send it direct to Haiti as they are they one's that she wants to release the information. But to be sure I would the CIC helpdesk and confirm with them.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
unemployment insurance and the Canadian PR process

I have a question, if you are sponsoring someone and you lose your job and apply for unemployment insurance temporarily, does that have an effect on the process when it comes to making a final decision about giving the visa to ur loved ones?

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hi Carlos,

I hope you are not asking the question for yourself as you have been through so much already.

The issuing of the visa is not based on your financial ability to support your spouse, that was already determined in your sponsorship approval, but on the validity of your relationship/marriage.

Besides unless you either inform CPC Mississauga or the issuing visa office how would they know?