State of emergency extended 25 more days until May 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelx

Jan 15, 2020
DR
Question. Isn't it true that it is still up to Chamber of Deputies to approve the Senate's resolution?

Sep 22, 2009
People have been repeating the same things for 6 weeks now. It was also stated that due to foreign economic struggles, money remittances would grind to a halt. Western Union and Caribe Express have long lines each and every day. Persons are still drinking. Persons are still having sex. The money is still coming in from some place.
I could use more of some of those items :(

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
So according to you and government officials,like yourself,everything is ok?

This is the second reference in as many days to me being a government official. I can assure you, as well as the other precious, paranoid Doomsday Davie I am no government official. Neither here in RD, nor any other country I hold citizenship or residence in. Actually, quite far from it.
Now, as to the second part of your posting......no, everything is not "ok", but at the same, it does not resemble anything similar to other so called hot spots within the globe we share. The biggest problem to date has been the closures of businesses, and the related economic impact. Not lines of sick people. Not lack of ventilators. Not people being wheeled out back doors under the cover of darkness. No mass graves. No riots. No looting. No zombies.
Perhaps if you were here, you could see it for yourself.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
You said it was the right thing do. So please elaborate. You seem very caustic for a new member.
I assume that this Deran is the same person who is commenting on Dominican Today on the cordoning off of Puarto Plata with "Load the guns and fight now!". On his Facebook page he calls this religious parade "The Peoples [sic] Protest In Puerto Plata". And he calls DR1 a "Communist forum", which from my point of view couldn't be further from the truth!

Sep 22, 2009
I assume that this Deran is the same person who is commenting on Dominican Today on the cordoning off of Puarto Plata with "Load the guns and fight now!". On his Facebook page he calls this religious parade " The Peoples [sic] Protest In Puerto Plata". And he calls DR1 a "Communist forum", which from my point of view couldn't be further from the truth!
And I just assumed he was an a$$

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
People have been repeating the same things for 6 weeks now. It was also stated that due to foreign economic struggles, money remittances would grind to a halt. Western Union and Caribe Express have long lines each and every day. Persons are still drinking. Persons are still having sex. The money is still coming in from some place.

Not exactly sure how people getting drunk and having sex is going to jump start
the local economy tho I do applaud their effort.
I hope you are right. I hope once the Government eases up
on business restrictions things get back to normal quicker than both myself and
my middle class Dominican neighbors think it will. I know several business
owners here in the center of Santiago, most are food and beverage.
All of them are worried about how the will be able to continue paying both employees
and expenses.

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
This is the second reference in as many days to me being a government official. I can assure you, as well as the other precious, paranoid Doomsday Davie I am no government official. Neither here in RD, nor any other country I hold citizenship or residence in. Actually, quite far from it.
Now, as to the second part of your posting......no, everything is not "ok", but at the same, it does not resemble anything similar to other so called hot spots within the globe we share. The biggest problem to date has been the closures of businesses, and the related economic impact. Not lines of sick people. Not lack of ventilators. Not people being wheeled out back doors under the cover of darkness. No mass graves. No riots. No looting. No zombies.
Perhaps if you were here, you could see it for yourself.
Well my friend i am here,in Jarabacoa,hardly anything.Island wide hardly anything to justify the level of the shutdown.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You people are such sheep,Puerto Plata was the right thing to do.As for the sheep,how will you line up to go to slaughter?
While I very much appreciate Sweden and their "control group" approach to dealing with CV19, I realize I am not the tail that is going to wag this dog in the DR.

The cross carrying buffoon and his lemming followers have given Puerto Plata a 7 day shutdown. The PN should be set up soon to block traffic. Would you like to run the barricades?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Question. Isn't it true that it is still up to Chamber of Deputies to approve the Senate's resolution?
Yes, it's true, it's true , it's true. AND:

Status
Not open for further replies.