Statistic analysis of COVID-19 in the Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
REPORT #32

Hello community, here you will find the report # 32 updated on 4/25, to consult click here.

If you wish to receive this report periodically in your email, please fill out this form (click here) and I will add it to the mailing list.

I will not be publishing this report on Sundays, resuming again on Monday, April 27.

I hope you all are doing well.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín
Quality Manager at Guzmán Ariza

Thank you sir for taking the time out of your schedule to contribute. It is appreciated by most of us.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Thank you sir for taking the time out of your schedule to contribute. It is appreciated by most of us.

Hello, Caonabo, thank you very much for your message. That motivates me to continue publishing.

Best regards,

Juan

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT #33

Hello community, here you will find the report # 33 updated on 4/27, to consult click here.

If you wish to receive this report periodically in your email, please fill out this form (click here) and I will add it to the mailing list.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

May 4, 2018
The DR is doing better than some countries. This is based on rate of change. what matters most is not how high the data points are but their slope from the origin. Puerta Plata will hopefully just be a blip. Brazil is screwed.
Covid Trends.png

Reactions: jsaladin

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT #36

Hello community, here you will find the report # 36 updated on 4/30, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
REPORT #36

Hello community, here you will find the report # 36 updated on 4/30, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

Thank you SR. Saladin. Do not give up on us your reports are well done and appreciated.
What happen to Report #34 ?

Xtraveller

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Thank you SR. Saladin. Do not give up on us your reports are well done and appreciated.
What happen to Report #34 ?

Xtraveller

Hi, Xtraveller, thanks for your message. I can not remember right now why I didn't publish the Report #34 on the forum. But here you can find the link to the Report #34, click here.

Best regards,

Juan

Reactions: Caonabo

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT #36

Hello community, here you will find the report # 37 updated on 5/1, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT #39

Hello community, here you will find the report # 39 updated on 5/4, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
These reports are great but is there any way to improve the likely veracity of the source of these numbers. something like an estimate maybe? I understand that cases clinically confirmed wit h tomography as well as cases “confirmed” via rapid tests are not included in the official numbers. Any way to obtain the last 2 Series of numbers then run it through your great graphs as “unofficial” but more likely to be real?

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT #40

Hello community, here you will find the report # 40 updated on 5/5, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT #41

Hello community, here you will find the report # 41 updated on 5/6, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

Jan 17, 2009
Thanks, jsaladin. I noticed the 'factor de infection' went up slightly. Let's hope it comes down again. It's got to be less than 1 to be safe to relax some measures, right?

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Excellent reports... Juan you have done a fine job indeed...my worry is with those folks that are sent home to do self isolation...is the health ministry doing a rigorous follow up on those people to make sure they follow up on protocol...places like South Korea, Singapore, China etc isolated anyone who tested positive in health facilities period, not at home...their graphs are pretty much showing flatlines now...

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
REPORT #41

Hello community, here you will find the report # 41 updated on 5/6, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín
Thank you for the report, specially fig. 15, tasa de positividad of the tests. This is a very important analysis. Only if that curve goes down the infection curve flattens.

any flattening of the infection curve now is a error signal if not at the same time fig 15 goes down too.

if you can you should somehow try to correct the infection curve to the real number on base of you fig 15 curve.

Once fig 15 falls under 10 the country can be reopened according to the experts. If the infection curve seems to flatten but fig 15 is above 10 that woukd be a mistake.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Thanks, jsaladin. I noticed the 'factor de infection' went up slightly. Let's hope it comes down again. It's got to be less than 1 to be safe to relax some measures, right?

Your welcome Expat-in-Cabarete. Yes, you are correct. If the "infection factor" goes below 1, we are doing a good work and we can reopen the economy by phases, like the Goberment said in the news. Another indicator to keep watching is the "tasa de positivdad" of the test.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Excellent reports... Juan you have done a fine job indeed...my worry is with those folks that are sent home to do self isolation...is the health ministry doing a rigorous follow up on those people to make sure they follow up on protocol...places like South Korea, Singapore, China etc isolated anyone who tested positive in health facilities period, not at home...their graphs are pretty much showing flatlines now...

Thanks Juan Bosch for your comments. You are correct. I'm scared too with those people that are taking selfcare in their houses. Some of those people aren't disciplinated to stay in the house because they doesn't understand the virus. They said that they are doing a vigilance of those people. But we need to see very close how they make the social distance in their houses and how many people are living with them. Also, I'm confuss with the recovery number, I don't know if those people that recover in their houses are in the statistics of the Ministery.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Thank you for the report, specially fig. 15, tasa de positividad of the tests. This is a very important analysis. Only if that curve goes down the infection curve flattens.

any flattening of the infection curve now is a error signal if not at the same time fig 15 goes down too.

if you can you should somehow try to correct the infection curve to the real number on base of you fig 15 curve.

Once fig 15 falls under 10 the country can be reopened according to the experts. If the infection curve seems to flatten but fig 15 is above 10 that woukd be a mistake.

Hello Austrian, thanks for your comments, each line has a good message. You are right, if we lower the rate below 10% we can reopen the economy. I am observing the behavior of the data because it is not stable. One day it can jump from 15% to 30%, like yesterday. They need to do more tests on asymptomatic patients to identify those potential positive patients in time.

I will work on the figure of the infected people according to the positiveness rate of the test.

Best regards,

Juan

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT #42

Hello community, here you will find the report # 42 updated on 5/7, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

Reactions: Caonabo and waytogo
Status
Not open for further replies.