Statistic analysis of COVID-19 in the Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Is the "factor de infeccion" the same as R-Factor? It doesn't look right for the growth curve unless there are a lot of imported cases.

Reactions: jsaladin

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Is the "factor de infeccion" the same as R-Factor? It doesn't look right for the growth curve unless there are a lot of imported cases.

Hello, Gringo, no. The "factor de infección" is a mathematical exponential number (It is obtained by dividing the most recent confirmed total by the previous day's total). R0 is an epidemiological calculation. Here is a page for you to see an estimate of R0 internationally and locally: Tracking R

Anyway, if the infection factor is below zero, it is synonymous with the fact that we are winning the battle against the virus.

Thanks for your question.

Best regards,

Juan

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#103

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 103 updated on 22/7, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín
Quality Manager at Guzmán Ariza

Reactions: Caonabo
Jan 17, 2009
Thanks for the report. I wish I could understand how the R0 infection rate is calculated. Logic alone doesnt help in understanding how is now lower at 1.02 when the positivity rate and the number of infections is so high. I know it was explained earlier, but Ím still scratching my head

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Sr Saladin:

Can you tell us about the testing program? Where do the tests come from? Obviously, like any country, the results depend on what population is being tested. Is there a structured testing program? Or are they just testing people that come to hospitals, or clinics, parks?

I could understand if the population was all of La Romana, for example. And, they randomly selected people to test. They would get statistically valid results. Percentage of population infected, etc. But, this I am sure is not the case. Not in any other country either. I am not criticizing testing in the DR.

These are just gross numbers of cases, then sorted by age, gender, location, etc.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I wanted to add that this is helpful information to understand the infected population if the population is those who present themselves at hospitals or clinics. But doesn't do much to understand how prevalent the disease is across the population of the country, nor where are the numbers actually highest or lowest, etc. Probably true as I say of all countries. Just trying to make sense of these numbers. Gracias.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#105

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 105 updated on 25/7, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

Reactions: Caonabo

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Juan Saladín

Thank you for all the analysis and information . I note that you reference the "R" computation. It seems to be at about 1.21 as of 20th July in the DR which is not too good .

Thank you once again for your continue efforts.

Olly and the Team.

avloc

Jun 30, 2020
USA
Hello, DR1 community, I am Juan Carlos Saladín, industrial engineer, quality director of the law firm Guzmán Ariza and data analyst. The president of the firm, Fabio Guzmán Ariza, told me about this forum and recommended me to publish my statistical analyzes to update the community.

Below, you will find the link to download the latest report with all the data published in the special bulletin of the Ministry of Public Health of the Dominican Republic, clic here.

I will follow up your reply about the analysis. I am at your service.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Saladín Bonilla
Thank you!

Jan 17, 2009
Olly,

Could you please point me to the page where you see the "R" at 1.21? Couldn't find it on my own. Thanks

Juan Saladín

Thank you for all the analysis and information . I note that you reference the "R" computation. It seems to be at about 1.21 as of 20th July in the DR which is not too good .

Thank you once again for your continue efforts.

Olly and the Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.