Status of Single Envelope Mailed to the D.R.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
EPS has one address for parcels. They have a different address for letters. I got my Visa card thru EPS. we have a mail forwarding service in Michigan, they forward to EPS in Miami which then forwards it to us. Sounds complicated but it works.
there is a post office in every big town in the DR. Lucas61 you should find your closest post office and check it out. It sounds crazy but maybe your letter will find its way there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have had more than one card sent here. I use EPS but I tell the person running the place I am sending it direct to the Office with my name at the top. When she gets it she calls me. I get the card and she gets 500 pesos. Never misses, but make sure you get the correct address of the office first....................And the only charge is the propina........But I never use regular mail, only DHL or Fedex.

Reactions: CristoRey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've had several things sent to me via DHL - delivered direct by DHL to my door. FedEx delivers direct to my door, also.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hello All,

Wells Fargo is sending me a new debit card before my present one expires. Unbelievably, they appear incompetent to follow stand international mail procedures: a. They cannot tell me the name of the courier, b. They have no tracking number, c. They say that it will be delilvered by the "post office," which, in essence, does not exist in the D.R. I have escalated my case three levels and made a final complaint. At no level was anyone able to provide me with a tracking number or to tell me the name of the shipper. Kafkaesque.

They are shipping to my local address. My street number is obscured and it is doubtful to me that I will receive my card. With zero contacct information, Plan B doesn't exist.

If this procedure fails, I could have Wells Fargo send my card to a family member in the U.S., then that family member could ship it to me. I use two courier services: Vimenpaq and Domex.

But what is the status of sending a single envelope rather than a package? Can it be done? Or should I have someone put the card in a box? And what happens when the box is opened at La Aduana and Vimenpaq requests that I upload an invoice, and there isn't one? To say nothing of someone stealing the card (but not activated).

What is your advice?? Thanks as always.
I have received single letters from the Canadian government, 6 to be exact in the last week, all were sent approximately two weeks prior. If they used the US Post office, there is a tracking number. If they used a courier, there is a tracking number. If you can obtain a tracking number, there is a Global tracking system that incorporates most countries including the DR. The online enquiry system for the Dominican post office is quite responsive. Always attach a phone number to your address. https://inposdom.gob.do/contactos/

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have received single letters from the Canadian government, 6 to be exact in the last week, all were sent approximately two weeks prior. If they used the US Post office, there is a tracking number. If they used a courier, there is a tracking number. If you can obtain a tracking number, there is a Global tracking system that incorporates most countries including the DR. The online enquiry system for the Dominican post office is quite responsive. Always attach a phone number to your address. https://inposdom.gob.do/contactos/
Bob, where do you enter your phone number on your account? I cannot find it in my personal settings.

I just noticed that my profile for INPOSDOM is now on Flickr. That was news to me.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob, where do you enter your phone number on your account? I cannot find it in my personal settings.

I just noticed that my profile for INPOSDOM is now on Flickr. That was news to me.
I was talking about making sure anything sent to you has your phone number as part of your address. INPODOM e-mails you if you make an enquiry. It is the local post office here that phones me as the workers all know who we are.

Reactions: JD Jones

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
Unless it is sent by UPS from the states, UPS wouldn't be handling it here. INPOSDOM handles regular mail delivery here in the DR.
Yes I know that. I was referring to couriers outside the postal system. Why anybody would even think to use the postal system down here probably are still using horse and buggy as well!

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
The post office (INPOSDOM) in las Terrenas worked great, the postmasters kids would even stop me on the street to tell me I had mail, obviously it would take ages to arrive in LT after traveling from the capital to La Vega to Samana before being dumped on the guagua for LT, but it did work. regarding important papers, ie; credit cards etc CPS or EPS works fine, just have the sender put the envelope in a larger manillia type envelope and your good to go.
I personally never had an issue this way..

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Mail Boxes Etc.

I use them for mail and BM Cargo for packages. No problems with either. For whatever reason I don't understand, BM Cargo says they can't accept mail.
Thanks for this. Can you confirm that MBE accepts envelopes (letters) as opposed to packages? Can I use them for a one time delivery and do I get an address? Obviously I would have to give WF an address . . .

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for this. Can you confirm that MBE accepts envelopes (letters) as opposed to packages? Can I use them for a one time delivery and do I get an address? Obviously I would have to give WF an address . . .
Lucas, put your letter in a shoe box or something similar and you're good to go!

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I registered at MBE online and picked the place where I could receive. I choose Jumbo in San Isidiro because I'm in SI 3 to 4 times a week. I have gotten letters there and credit/debit cards in letters. I think it was aroun 60 to 70 pesos each time.

Here is a link. I hope it helps: https://www.mbe.com.do/index.php/sucursales.html

Reactions: Lucas61 and cavok

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
I registered at MBE online and picked the place where I could receive. I choose Jumbo in San Isidiro because I'm in SI 3 to 4 times a week. I have gotten letters there and credit/debit cards in letters. I think it was aroun 60 to 70 pesos each time.

Here is a link. I hope it helps: https://www.mbe.com.do/index.php/sucursales.html
Thanks for this. I have registered and have my account number and Miami address. I'll let you know the result down the line!

Reactions: NanSanPedro

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Anyone who delivers anything these days always sends a whatsapp message and asks for your location. That's happened to me three times today already.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Anyone who delivers anything these days always sends a whatsapp message and asks for your location. That's happened to me three times today already.
Except that in the case of Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo refused to accept a phone number, so it wouldn't be possible for anyone to contact me. WF could not even give me the name of the mail courier or provide a tracking number. Next I'll go with MBE as someone here suggested.