stealing ideas

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Quipes!
Open up a stand in Holland or Sweden.
There are enough muslims there to guarantee tidy profits.
And I think it's the best street food in DR (until they start falafels) like in Venezuela.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
A Dominican bakery , you wait about 3 days before you ship it to the stores to make sure it's good and stale and you don't have to bother with rotating the stock. Or maybe a Dominican pizza shop ! everybody loves sweet pizza with corn on it .

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
:classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic:
Can You Guess Why I Am :classic:ing??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I got news for ya, sweetie. Go around to all of the gas stations in Santo Domingo, and see how many of them sell the small3-4" round chicken empanadas. Those little guys are full to the brim with chicken, and are not greasy at all.

They all come from the same source, a shop that produces them and distributes them on a daily basis. Ridiculously good.

Agreed it's not a franchise, but the shop has a great distribution network.

which proves my point that anyone who can produce a good empanada will make good money. forget bars and clubs..this is where the opportunity is for a safe business.

Apr 7, 2014
A Dominican bakery , you wait about 3 days before you ship it to the stores to make sure it's good and stale and you don't have to bother with rotating the stock. Or maybe a Dominican pizza shop ! everybody loves sweet pizza with corn on it .

I m trying to figure if you are foolin' around here. Because I think all the bread varieties in the markets are awful and dry. And pizza with corn? Oh jeez! You are the franchise representative for Pizza Pala arent you? Trying to sell us the House Pizza, a large pizza with corn, ham, and another 3rd topping I cant recall, but overall the finished product looked like vomit. Who tole them that was a good idea? That is like putting mayonaisse on a hamburger.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
as I said , the bread is stale before it gets to the stores , They probably would not like fresh bread here . As far as pizza goes they will never be any good as long as they keep using domestic cheese and tomatoes! I won't get into the corn and sweet sauce.

Tim Smith

Apr 28, 2014
Lots of good stuff here... :classic: Whatever you do start with a solid business plan. Really crunch the numbers and apply the formula of how many you have to sell before you see your first dollar of profit after all your monthly expenses. This is a real eye opener and lets you know the real $$$$ that can be made as well as how many you need to sell before that first $1 comes back to you. Best to keep it simple and not to invest more then you can afford to lose. Plan for the best and worst cases, success or failure. sbc.gov has a free business plan page that you can start this process with to see. From reading everyone's posts and my advice is serve a "Good" product. Keep things simple and do your homework on owning and operating your own business.

I don't know why so many fail here other then lack of planning, commitment and hard work. Beach Bars, Night Clubs are a dime a dozen. A well planned business can succeed or fail, that all depends on the work put into the details, that's the killer. I feel to many place the "tourist" trade to high in the big picture and that leads to failure as they are seasonal to any location. The target customer should be "People" both local and tourist. Offer the best product you can and don't skin your customers. You can sheer a sheep its entire life but only skin it once. To many places here miss this and look to just get paid the max they can from that one time visitor to the island... Social media is another untapped resource here other then Facebook and they sell your information, that why its free. FYI Tim Smith is not my name lmao... Word of mouth, social media, marketing and keeping these all updated will really keep a business going. Word of mouth is not as hard as most think with the above applied. We all know of good places where we received a good product and good service. If you want to be your own boss become your best employee as well, work hard!

Written sitting on my soapbox... lol :D