STI & SDQ SAFETY TIPS FOR TOURISTs

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Tough indeed.
There's a lot going on behind this attack. the father posted 4 years ago on instagram asking that whatever "they" do to him to please leave his son out of it. Looking at the father's FB page and instagram I'm guessing he's involved in something that wasn't kosher and is not exactly an upstanding citizen.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
There's a lot going on behind this attack. the father posted 4 years ago on instagram asking that whatever "they" do to him to please leave his son out of it. Looking at the father's FB page and instagram I'm guessing he's involved in something that wasn't kosher and is not exactly an upstanding citizen.

Despite drugs being legalized, decriminalized, tolerated etc, crime, homelessness and poverty is getting worse. This world needs an enema, as the Joker said in Batman.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It was his "friend" that planned the mugging. He was the last person arrested. The parents of the killed child slept in his house the night of the event!!! The killer was also the one that did everything regarding preparing the funeral of the kid!!!!

Can this be called an inside job of sorts?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
It was his "friend" that planned the mugging. He was the last person arrested. The parents of the killed child slept in his house the night of the event!!! The killer was also the one that did everything regarding preparing the funeral of the kid!!!!

As I mentioned on my OP , TRUST NOBODY

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
According to the second article AE posted, (post #14) the robbery was set up by the father's best friend.
Now that's a tough one.
Was not a random assault, the man who organized this tragic attack where a child lost his life was like a brother to the father, he knew the date and time of the arrival and probably how much money and jewelry they was bringing with them.
I will say it again... I don't tell nobody except my daughter the information of my arrivals.

JJ

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
A Rule I have followed for a long time which has served me well. NEVER give people a reason to be JEALOUS of what you got .
I have not worn my Expensive Watches or ANY kind of Jewelry in many years .. my I phone could be a liability but im willing to throw it or give it up , without hesitation. I still catch myself making little mistakes though .
Even the Car you drive says something about you . When Even people at your job can get jealous very quickly, In a Country like the DR, the Jealousy is on Steroids
If they ask this Perp WHY he did it , guaranteed he will say his friend had more than him, and should have shared it.
Inside job for sure .

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
A Rule I have followed for a long time which has served me well. NEVER give people a reason to be JEALOUS of what you got .
I have not worn my Expensive Watches or ANY kind of Jewelry in many years .. my I phone could be a liability but im willing to throw it or give it up , without hesitation. I still catch myself making little mistakes though .
Even the Car you drive says something about you . When Even people at your job can get jealous very quickly, In a Country like the DR, the Jealousy is on Steroids
If they ask this Perp WHY he did it , guaranteed he will say his friend had more than him, and should have shared it.
Inside job for sure .
Another reason why I own 3 25 yr old cars in excellent condition.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

How could the father have spent the night with the killer and then the killer was waiting for him when he left the airport? Doesn't make sense.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Asking not to do anything to your kids is something drug dealers worry about.
Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

This has made international headlines and it's now being talked about from Luis on down the chow line.

The western media outlets are focused on "child shot dead leaving Santiago International Airport", not the back story.

Back when they closed down the schools for almost two years during Covid I told yall that decsion would create a whole new generation of ninis. I'm willing to bet none of the arrested 18 to 22 years in this case are were working or studying. The poor decisions the government made 3 years ago are now starting to bare fruit and will continue to come back to bite them in the ass for years to come.
Next will be the prison boom.

This is very sad on many levels.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Note all of the gold this guy was wearing when they started on their trip.
It is not right to blame the victim of a crime under any circumstances but my God what was he thinking with all that gold?!??!? Serious lapse in judgement and probably not the first poor life choice he's made.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not saying this was the case but it's been my experience in the past...
sometimes if you do enough dirt in life, dirt comes back on you.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas