Sto. Dom. -- Where Buy Porcelain/Bone China dinnerware and/or Tea Service (aka COVID distraction)

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Now that we spent RD$ 50,000 on an andiroba hutch, we need to fill it up but there's no money left! LOL! My wife didn't see me roll my eyes when I found her enamored of some stuff at La Sirena! I want to kick it up a notch without breaking the bank. Can you recommend a store in the capital that would be at the median between Ilumel and La Sirena? Ilumel is a little too BlueMallesque for me and, besides, according to their website, they sell comedores but nothing to put on them.

I have stated a misnomer. "Bone china" IS porcelain of the highest grade. So let's just say "grades of porcelain."

FYI, I have found excellent lighting from Amazon. They are lights that are re-chargeable and adhere to magnetic strips. I'll give the URL if anyone is interested . . .

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Now that we spent RD$ 50,000 on an andiroba hutch, we need to fill it up but there's no money left! LOL! My wife didn't see me roll my eyes when I found her enamored of some stuff at La Sirena! I want to kick it up a notch without breaking the bank. Can you recommend a store in the capital that would be at the median between Ilumel and La Sirena? Ilumel is a little too BlueMallesque for me and, besides, according to their website, they sell comedores but nothing to put on them.

I have stated a misnomer. "Bone china" IS porcelain of the highest grade. So let's just say "grades of porcelain."

FYI, I have found excellent lighting from Amazon. They are lights that are re-chargeable and adhere to magnetic strips. I'll give the URL if anyone is interested . . .
If you like Bavarian porcelain. I brought loads of them from my family. Just PM me if you wish.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I have Waterford crystal and a large amount of collectibles and antiques. Some rather rare. Bring cash.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Big market for that in some places.....really big

I just like nice glasses on my bar
But those figurines etc have a real following

Big

Apr 24, 2019
"Bone china" ,"tea service" I believe sir Lucas is a refined gentleman

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015