Stomach Ache

POP Bad Boy

New member
Jun 27, 2004
984
30
0
I thought I had seen it all here..........

An employee at the house has a stomach ache so they went to the supermarket to get a "special" drink.........

.......came back with what I call "MOTH BALLS", (but here it is square) disolved one in water and drank it..........

.........and I thought it was bad when they eat/swallow Vicks Vapor Rub!
 

PeterInBrat

New member
May 29, 2006
10,268
199
0
My guess is it's a home treatment for amoebic dysentary or some other bug. It would definitely make things worse at least on the short term. Moth balls are made from para-dichloro-benzene and/or naphthalene, both of which are somewhat toxic. They use the same stuff for urine blocks.
 

dv8

New member
Sep 27, 2006
31,271
358
0
it is camphore. indeed it is used in moth balls. and enbalming :)
i would not call it "somewhat" toxic as it is poisonous and even lethal in large quantities.
 

PeterInBrat

New member
May 29, 2006
10,268
199
0
I'm mentally writing on a blackboard:

I will not argue semantics. I will not argue semantics. I will not argue semantics...
 

PeterInBrat

New member
May 29, 2006
10,268
199
0
I think you found the missing piece of the puzzle. I forgot that camphor was another name for the stuff:

Camphor is bitter in taste and has aromatic, emollient, thermogenic, calmative, expectorant and aphrodisiac properties. It is useful in convulsions, dyspepsia, flatulence, diarrhea and dysentery.
 

dv8

New member
Sep 27, 2006
31,271
358
0
yes, camphor has many medical uses starting from treating cough to relieving heart problems. it is, however, toxic and can cause harm (potentially death) when injested in large quantities or applied on broken skin.
we sell a lot of this stuff in farmacia :)