stores?

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
Where can I find mosquito bug lamp? the electric light that attracks flys/mosquito's/etc. Does serina, plaza lama or jumbo have these? I have tried these stores but came up with nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it, we are being eaten alive here.

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can get one in Puerta Plata at the hardware store on the main road just before the Burger King on the left side going East. The Burger King is in the Shell gas station, the store is a few blocks before.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You can get one in Puerta Plata at the hardware store on the main road just before the Burger King on the left side going East. The Burger King is in the Shell gas station, the store is a few blocks before.

Called Deposito Ferreteria. I'd have said that was going west myself but maybe I'm directionally challenged ;) .

J

John Evans

unfortunately mosquitoes are not attracted to light-im not sure it would work the way you hope- there is one i saw in price smart that sucks them in that might work better in a seating area or pest control can spray the whole area which will give relief for a few days- handy if you are having a bar-b-que

funnilly enough mosquitoes are actually more attracted to dark clothing so wearing white helps a bit

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
PriceSmart in Santiago
Ferreter?a Ochoa on Av. Imbert in Santiago or Bartolom? Colon
Ferreter?a Bell?n on Bartolom? Colon in Santiago
SuperPola/La Sirena on Bartolom? Colon in Santiago
Dep?sito Ferretero, just past the ball park going East or just past the Brugal factory going West in Puerto Plata

In Santo Domingo: Americana de Departamentos on John F. Kennedy. Plus all of the above.

HB

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Do these products actually work?
Cause if they do I am sold.
My first week here I had over 40 mosquito bites...those
critters love me for some reason. lol
If anyone has any tips how to not get bitten please share.
Especially those who never seem to get bitten. What is your secret?
I am willing to pay lol

J

John Evans

avoid bananas, milk and pregnant ladies try not to smell like a human and beat yourself with lemon grass regularly

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'm told bugs don't like Lavender Oil. After I get bit I use Tea Tree Oil and the itching stops!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Where can I find mosquito bug lamp? the electric light that attracks flys/mosquito's/etc. Does serina, plaza lama or jumbo have these? I have tried these stores but came up with nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it, we are being eaten alive here.

Use what most Dominicans in the campos and coast towns use: Jabon de cuaba... It?s a natural mosquito repellent!

Ever wonder why most regular folks don't have Bed&Breakfast signs all over them for mosquitoes>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can't say the smell is nice or close to any Dove bar of soap, but it does the magic for the "newcomers" quite well...

megabiteme

Jan 9, 2008
thanks everyone! they seem to still love me even after a yera of living here. the electric lamp will work since they are attracted to the lights in the home for some reason. i think it will be a lot chaeper than buying screens for my entire apartment....all i want is to see them get zapped! as they have been zapping me while i sleep--;)

megabiteme

Jan 9, 2008
cool!

unfortunately mosquitoes are not attracted to light-im not sure it would work the way you hope- there is one i saw in price smart that sucks them in that might work better in a seating area or pest control can spray the whole area which will give relief for a few days- handy if you are having a bar-b-que

funnilly enough mosquitoes are actually more attracted to dark clothing so wearing white helps a bit

lol this thing sounds even better!!! hahaha, I wish i could catch them like a fly and pluck their body parts off one by one! Yes! I'm just a little ****ed after all this time ;)

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
I brought 2 of the said lamps back with me on this trip from the U.K , good for flies , but I think mossies have them sussed

megabiteme

Jan 9, 2008
perfect!!!!!!!!!!

I brought 2 of the said lamps back with me on this trip from the U.K , good for flies , but I think mossies have them sussed

well I got my bug lamp at the americano ferreteria on JFK road. it works very well and the first hour it zapped 10 or more mosquitos!!!! whoa!!! can i now sleep at nite with no worries!! Thanks to all who suggetsed going to this store and the lamp only costed 900 peso's!!! well worth it!

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Lavender all over my apartment but doesnt work.
Yes I apply the tea tree for after the attack.
Heard eating a lot of onions and garlic help?

Where do you get Jabon de cuaba?
And I am buying one of those lamps ASAP now that I know they work!
Sounds like 900 pesos well spent!

megabiteme

Jan 9, 2008
Only One Brand

MEGABITEME,

What is the brand name/model of the bug lamp you bought?

IT SAYS TUE-INSECTES on the box, they had about 10 of them there so I think they re well stocked at this time. It works great! I can finally sleep without getting attacked every 2 minutes or having a fly by buzz in my ear. I need to clean it already!!! just amazing! I think I'm going to buy another one next month since I'm on a fixed income.

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
When I'm in the country side or the beach I never leave the house without bugspray. Easy and effective.