Storm hasn't arrived and already sin luz

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in the "dark"? these days it's called "difficult brown".

oh, not what you were asking about?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I LOVE MY SOLAR and systems. Our 24/7 Edenorte power has been anything but. I seldom notice when our power is out other then hearing the big generators around.

Sorry for your problems and hope that all goes well. Sometimes it takes a little while to figure out priorities and adjust as many of us have had to.

Good luck.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
Lights are still on in the Zona Colonial section of Santo Domingo.
I thought the storm wasn't really expected to hit until tomorrow morning.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I LOVE MY SOLAR and systems. Our 24/7 Edenorte power has been anything but. I seldom notice when our power is out other then hearing the big generators around.

Sorry for your problems and hope that all goes well. Sometimes it takes a little while to figure out priorities and adjust as many of us have had to.

Good luck.

Show off! :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Show off! :)

Sorry... My doors have always been open for those that need... a hot shower or whatever. :) It has taken years to learn and adjust.

Wife and I where to be on the bus in the AM for medical and stuff but decided that we are better off staying home here on the north coast and being more comfortable.................... and helping others if we can or are needed.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I just heard on the news that it could reach near hurricane strength by the time it reaches the DR by
tomorrow afternoon. Right now it has maximum sustained winds of 65 mph and moving at 26 mph.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I just heard on the news that it could reach near hurricane strength by the time it reaches Hispaniola by
tomorrow afternoon.

Not surprised bronze. I, like others, have been watching this and the forecasts have been rather off? Those of us that have been here awhile kinda know what could happen and the forecasts didn't follow the norms.

We have been prepping all day, we are on the north coast, for the "what if" case and we are ready. Ask A.E. about weather and unexpected and unprepared and overwhelmed. (Sorry A.E. Anyone that has followed knows and you don't need to reply.)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo cancelled most of his trip and is coming back tomorrow, right after his cita in a british consulate. i hope he gets home safely. just i case: i do not have a generator but i must have about 50 liters of ron plus vodka and wiki. self inflicted blackout is easier to bear...

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Sorry... My doors have always been open for those that need... a hot shower or whatever. :) It has taken years to learn and adjust.

Wife and I where to be on the bus in the AM for medical and stuff but decided that we are better off staying home here on the north coast and being more comfortable.................... and helping others if we can or are needed.

Ive tried man. God knows ive tried. Its all comes down to money. If you have enough to say f u to las Edes and "create" your own power, life is good. Otherwise, you have to live life like a dominican. Living like a dominican isnt happiness for me, its hell on earth.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
miesposo cancelled most of his trip and is coming back tomorrow, right after his cita in a british consulate. i hope he gets home safely. just i case: i do not have a generator but i must have about 50 liters of ron plus vodka and wiki. self inflicted blackout is easier to bear...

I know your "miesposo" and family and your a great person here on dr1. You can move into part of our place anytime with full power. (I know that your m-i-l can pay the bills. lol) Best wishes to your hubby ... and you too.

OH... bring ron and a little vodka.

Good luck all.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ive tried man. God knows ive tried. Its all comes down to money. If you have enough to say f u to las Edes and "create" your own power, life is good. Otherwise, you have to live life like a dominican. Living like a dominican isnt happiness for me, its hell on earth.

You don't know how many times that I've ridden my horse way up in the campo and just admired and desired the one room casita with no electric or cable or phone and said.... "I'll live here".

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I know your "miesposo" and family and your a great person here on dr1. You can move into part of our place anytime with full power. (I know that your m-i-l can pay the bills. lol) Best wishes to your hubby ... and you too.
OH... bring ron and a little vodka.
Good luck all.

you too. keep well and safe. i am glad i will not be home alone for chantal.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Stocked up on what I need here in the Capital. Family is here staying at a hotel on the Malecon but moved them over to our place today. Rain on and off here today with some heavy rain here and there. Plenty of ron, vino and Presidente. Unfortunately suffering from a sinus infection.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
So far in Sosua, no luz problems. Getting the sand bags ready for flooding. Gee I wish Ayuntamiento would spend their efforts and $$ fixing the flooding problems instead of...... Anyway, good luck all.