Strange Encounter With Police in Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
\ What made me nervous is that I just got through reading a book on the DR and it said that Sosuan cops are extremely corrupt, and known to arrest local men and women for no reason whatsoever, other than they felt like it. Then the locals had to pay a fine to get out of jail.

What book? please

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Do you guys think that Mrs. Mayor of Sosua speaks and read English ? if so, we should send her these revieuws, at least she knows then, if already not, that they should stop bothering the people that bring the moeney to Sosua and concentrate on thelocal idiots!!

Is just a idea haha

She IS smarter, than you appear to be.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
That has been my experience most of the time as well, the cops here usually leave me alone. I didn't do anything to stand out, at least nothing that I was aware of. I think it was simply bad/good luck on my part. I just happened to be there when the cops rolled by and they decided to stop and check me out. I really believe they were about to cause me trouble and arrest me, my gut tells me. There was no reason for him to get off the bike unless he was planning something like that. At that moment I was thankful to be a foreigner, if I were Dominican or especially Haitian I believe I would have been taken to jail and had to pay a fine.

You are overly concerned.
They work in town and know the people and faces.
They frequently stop and check out people if they arouse their curiosity.
I haven't had trouble with Politur,PN,or Militaty Police, who at times engage in frequent patrols in Sosua.
I don't talk to them unless I have to.
You do have an advantage as an foreigner over a local or Haitian.

I can't muster sympathy for Rodney King, on parole for robbery engaged in a high speed escape.

July 27, 1987: According to a complaint filed by his wife, King beat her while she was sleeping, then dragged her outside the house and beat her again. King was charged with battery and pleaded "no contest." He was placed on probation and ordered to obtain counseling. He never got the counseling.
November 3, 1989: King, brandishing a tire iron, ordered a convenience store clerk to empty the cash register. The clerk grabbed the tire iron, causing King to fall backwards and knock over a pie rack. King swung the rack at the clerk and fled the store with $200. King was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, second-degree robbery, and intent to commit great bodily injury. In a plea agreement, King pleaded guilty to the robbery charge and the other charges were dropped. He was sentenced to two years in prison, but was paroled on December 27, 1990.

How many lives did he endanger with his driving,how would you feel if he killed one of your loved ones crashing into them??? BTW two officers were found guilty and imprisoned, two officers acquitted.
April 19, 1994
The U.S. District Court in Los Angeles awards King $3.8 million in compensatory damages in a civil lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Sure, all the black guys cop play "baseball" with and taser for the hell of it deserve it.....and Rodney deserved to get put in the slammer....but if you watched the video you would see the cops were too busy having "fun" to take him to jail....BTW people speed everyday and run red lights with slightly different outcomes.....Too bad you can't see the real issue at hand or maybe you prefer a vigilante Police system that doles out "justice" as they see fit.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
DS, if it is a hot day and you do not have a towel around your neck you might be taken as a local.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"yo,Yo,Yo,Yo",..................... this thread was started by "Darkie Scorpion", THAT should tell you something!!!!!
He is pushing his Anti DR, crime is everywhere, "Look What happened To Me", agenda!
"Nada MAS, Ni Nada MENOS"!
Doesn't merit a response!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
"yo,Yo,Yo,Yo",..................... this thread was started by "Darkie Scorpion", THAT should tell you something!!!!!
He is pushing his Anti DR, crime is everywhere, "Look What happened To Me", agenda!
"Nada MAS, Ni Nada MENOS"!
Doesn't merit a response!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Agreed!!!

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.