Strong quake

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Magnitude 4.8 earthquake near pto pta
3 km from Río Grande · 4:43 AM
Woke me up, jarring quake. Two blasts, not a slow roller. Car alarms went off, dogs barking everywhere. Fascinating.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Capture.JPG

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
I was up at the time in Sosua. It went on longer then usual. About 3-4 seconds. Scary.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I was awake reading the Bible and felt nothing. But, both dogs woke and came into my bed. I thought it strange that they both woke at the same time in different parts of the apartment and came to me. So checked to see if there were any quakes. They always know.
lol, too funny. I was reading the Koran in santo dom and thought I saw a flash of light.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I was awake reading the Bible and felt nothing. But, both dogs woke and came into my bed. I thought it strange that they both woke at the same time in different parts of the apartment and came to me. So checked to see if there were any quakes. They always know.
Our dog was scratching at the door at 4:30 for no apparent reason. Felt nothing in Samaná, but the dog knew something.

Reactions: Jan

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
You are the first person I know of in Jarabacoa that felt it.

Yup, I just felt this one as well that just happened:

Note: It takes about 8 - 10 minutes before it shows up on the site.

It might be that I felt that one because I'm in a fairly large block and concrete floor building, which I think is nearly on top of bedrock... and the bed frames are built into the floor as well.

Check this link and small quiz out:

Reactions: bob saunders