Super center's in Higuey, Bavaro, Punta Cana

CandaceL87

Mar 24, 2011
What are the names of some "Super center" type stores in Higuey, Bavaro, Punta Cana.. Something similar to a Costco's or Sam's Club or Walmart or even Target in the US... Somewhere I can buy more than just food... everyday things- light bulbs, towels, tooth paste, broom/mop, curtains, clothes hangers..etc.

And also where's a good place to buy an inexpensive fridge?? Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In Punta Cana Village you have Nacional which is a supermarket with a department selling bathroom, kitchen items and household accessories.
For a fridge - Corripio in Centro San Juan in B?varo, or Americana on Avenida Estados Unidos, past the Friusa crossing in B?varo.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
of the places mentioned, I've only been to the Super Pola in P.C., and while it is handy, and does offer a few household items, it's really not like a Costco or Sam's, or WalMart. (Although I was able to buy a couple of wine glasses there.) It's more like most supermarkets in the U.S. where there's an isle of household stuff. Are any of the other places mentioned more on the order of WalMart, Costco, etc.?

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
None of the places mentioned are like a Costco. The closest you're going to get is maybe Jumbo in La Romana. You'll have to go to the Pricesmart in Santo Domingo to get the real deal.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sema or Cema, not sure of the spelling in Higuey had a lot of what you are looking for. Also it looks like a real store that you would see in the US. Try that one, I think you will like it.