Supermarket Prices Around DR

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A huge part of the DR's coffee crop was wiped out by disease.
The producers are importing more expensive beans to make up the short fall,..= higher prices, for a poorer product.
Every bag seems to taste different, and have different strength.
I hate it!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

There about six different estate coffees available in Jarabacoa. I have found several comparable with the Olivo brand, which I agree is very good.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
btw. what drives me nuts here is listing food nutrition on many products "per portion" or per dose or per ounze (WTF is onze or pound btw. :p )...
not by 100 grams, like normal people do ;-)
now, if "the portion" is for example 18 grams...every time I need to convert it to "my" 100 grams...
this system is completely illogical to me...

I guess it is another Scam......lol
Oz and lb.....lol I keep turning around to check if a wizard is not stalking me.
It would be good if they sold 10 oz stuff, or 25 or whatever, and multiples.... ( back home its often, 125g, 250g, 500g...... ), much easier to compare.
Here no !!!
11 oz /23.5 oz/ 17 oz thrown in the mix......its just to confuse us......
And its not like u can get used to it, some stuff is in fl oz other in L ( like milk ). I would swear it is done on purpose.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I am the self appointed KING of SD super markets!!!!!!!
Part of my morning ritual is to check out all the daily super market ads in "Diario Libre" to see what's "On Special".
Also, several times a week the "Big Boys" have separate circulars as add on's to the paper.
These include National,and separately Jumbo, which is part of the same Spanish company.
Jumbo is on average cheaper than National.
La Sirena, and Pola, same Dominican company, often with different prices on the same article.
La Cadena,Bravo,and Ole round out the bigger chains.
One stores "SALE" is another stores regular price.
Today, "El Gallo" cooking oil is between 250 and 300 pesos for the gallon size, depending on where you buy it, all stores calling it a "Sale Price".
I buy "On Sale" everything I can!!!
NOTE: be very watchful, the so called "sale price", all too often, doesn't ring up at the cash register!!!
I take the newspaper, and circulars, which usually lists prices valid for 15 days, with me to the market, and watch every item as it is scanned.
Strangely enough, it is often cheaper to by two 12 oz., for example, jars of something, than one 24 oz.
Dominican logic??????????????????
My monthly expenditure at super markets is about 80,000 pesos.
I KNOW, because I pay with a credit card and get a statement every month.
Add another 10,000 for the colmado, and 5 gallon water jugs.
This is not just food, but cleaning supplies,personal care items, and animal care products.
I actually love to go super market shopping!!!!!
I really miss shopping in the USA where the prices are so much cheaper than here.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

i was taught the grocery shopping scene by my mom....and now i still like to shop....im shopping for a diff. reason....i am better at it than most and sometimes nothing to do so driving is good ....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
i was taught the grocery shopping scene by my mom....and now i still like to shop....im shopping for a diff. reason....i am better at it than most and sometimes nothing to do so driving is good ....

Now that is sad......:alien::alien::alien:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013

sh--t....my mom was so good that if she found a really good coupon in sunday papers.....she would go to the dumpsters on monday.... i'm sure i still have a manuf. coupon for leg of lamb...w/no expire date on it ....store will honor it but will flip,,,,:bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit:

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I have the same feeling that its made on purpose. How can you for exampel provide nutrition valories for "portion" ?
how the f.. they know what kind of portions I eat ?
I also think that its made to confuse people and to make them to dont know what kind of **** they eat ;-)
I guess it is another Scam......lol
Oz and lb.....lol I keep turning around to check if a wizard is not stalking me.
It would be good if they sold 10 oz stuff, or 25 or whatever, and multiples.... ( back home its often, 125g, 250g, 500g...... ), much easier to compare.
Here no !!!
11 oz /23.5 oz/ 17 oz thrown in the mix......its just to confuse us......
And its not like u can get used to it, some stuff is in fl oz other in L ( like milk ). I would swear it is done on purpose.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There about six different estate coffees available in Jarabacoa. I have found several comparable with the Olivo brand, which I agree is very good.

YES, but will they come to my house in SD and drop 20 pounds on the "coffee table" in my "SALA"

And then say,..."I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT,...(Insert Name) is such an "A$$ Hole"?????????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC