Supermercado janet's (cabarete)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Payback", Is A Mother F*#Ker"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I taught "Dirty Tricks", to "Tricky Dick Nixon"!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Did you know that "Acido Muriatico" eats holes in car seats???
"Who Knew"??????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I still stoop over and pick up a "Peso" when I see one!
Worked a Looooooooooooong time to EARN my money!!!
Don't like giving any to anyone, who doesn't EARN it from me!!!!!!
If That's "ISSUES", I Got 'EM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I call 'Em, "Principles"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
THAT's The BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!
There, they give you your money back without hesitation, or excuses.
HERE, you would think you just stole the money from the cash register!
I USED to go to "Carefor" when they first opened.
They NEVER had small change at the register.
At first, I though they were getting the "Bugs Out" of their system.
As time passed, it kept happening, every time I checked out, and the amount was getting up to 10 pesos each time!
Last time I told the clerk to go find me my ten pesos!!!!!
She pointed to the candy display and said, "Take A Mint".
I reached over and took an imported chocolate bar.
She said, "That costs More than 10 pesos!!!
I opened it, started eating it, and, as I walked away, I told her,"I don't have any change, Wanna bite?????
My "Gringo" friend who was with me said,"You Can't Do THAT!!!"
I said, "I Just DID!!!!" :eek::eek::eek:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
When a large supermarket "F*#ks" me, I get 10 pounds of "Jumbo Shrimp", or 4 pounds of imported cheese, then hide it somewhere they won't find it before the rats do, or the "Stink" get too bad! :devious::devious::devious:

its no different than motoconchos. they never have change for anything you give them. as to the stores that give back mints as change, i am going to accumulate them all, and see if they will exchange them for a pack of Nacional Mentolado. i bet they won't.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
If this bothers you, you really have issues.

It does bother me. Especially when they say offerta but raised the price

You propably the guy who overpays and notices when you go out and never goes back in " cuz thats the way it is" . Well i say suckers

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Ask for a "Presidente, Bien Fria", when he hands it to you, take a big swig, reach in your pocket, look surprised, say "No Tengo", and see what happens.
CC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When I was fighting over 2 pesos in the supermarket the cashier asked them from the guy who was bagging the groceries. She probably thought I would feel bad. I asked her if she would accept if I would pay 2 pesos short. I agree with Criss, it's a matter of principle not having issues. I can wait 15 minutes for my 2 pesos, nothing better to do anyway.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
When I was fighting over 2 pesos in the supermarket the cashier asked them from the guy who was bagging the groceries. She probably thought I would feel bad. I asked her if she would accept if I would pay 2 pesos short. I agree with Criss, it's a matter of principle not having issues. I can wait 15 minutes for my 2 pesos, nothing better to do anyway.

i am with you there, Mauricio. so, it is 2 pesos today. 3 tomorrow. where does it stop, and when? or, when are they knowingly going to give you 3 pesos more change, because they have it that day?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I come in janet, right now, :) sale on coca cola 2L for 55 peso but it has allways been 55 peso ? Aholes

If you are really annoyed why don't you teach them a lesson and stop shopping there?
Do you know why fresh food needs no expire sticker?
Try to get away from the pre-packaged american mentality.
I don't stoop to pick up a centavo, because they are not worth anything and I have a sore back.
I'd rather watch the girls on the beach than scratch for pennies, which by the way are discontinued in some "civilized" countries!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Ever hear the old saying "Watch your pennies, and your dollars will take care of themselves"?

[Sometimes I open my mouth, and my mother comes out]

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
If you are really annoyed why don't you teach them a lesson and stop shopping there?
Do you know why fresh food needs no expire sticker?
Try to get away from the pre-packaged american mentality.
I don't stoop to pick up a centavo, because they are not worth anything and I have a sore back.
I'd rather watch the girls on the beach than scratch for pennies, which by the way are discontinued in some "civilized" countries!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

I would if there is an other option. But its the only one in walking distance . i would spend money going to another one that i dont need to spend going to janet. Whenever i am in sosua i go to playero though for vegetables and meat, the quality is way better in playero.

Call me cheap but at the end i dont have a single credit card or debt or loan from te bank :) only debit cards and savings accounts. i just dont wanna make unnecesairy expences.

And if i find a peso on the ground offcourse i would pick it up :) i save them in a jar and bring them to the bank. Its no work.
people are so wastefull to care about the little amounts. All little amounts turn big if you save them.

And why the hell would i have an american pre-packed mentality ?

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
For me it's a lot MORE than a few pesos!
Spending about 80,000 pesos a month on food, you get good at catching the "Super Market Scams" here.
I like Supermercados National, but they are the WORST at having one "SALE" price at the item, and another at the register!!!
Sometimes 50 pesos on an expensive item.
They ALWAYS claim "Computer Error", but after shopping there since 1986, only one time, out of Thousands, has the "Computer Erred" in MY FAVOR!!!!!!!!!!
I was once charged 400 pesos each on 10 cans of sardines that were "On Sale" for 20 pesos each!
I didn't notice until I got home.
(Cashier Was A Real FOX, and I was looking at her, not the cash register)
I went back to see the manager, I told him, and showed him, what had happened.
He gave me "The Look", and spent forever "Verifying" my "Claim"!
I mean, "c mon", 4000 pesos for 10 cans of sardines?????
AND, be sure an check the "Date Code" on EVERYTHING!
Especially if is from the USA.
They buy stuff that is out-of-code, or nearly "OUT" to dump here.
Dominicans never know, since they have no idea what a "Date Code" is, or how to read it!
I Do!
I pointed out to the manager at Sup Mer Nat. all of one item imported from the USA was "Out Dated".
He put a "surprised" look on his face, called someone to remove them.
Next day, they were all back!
The only time I get good, "Customer Service" here, is when I pay a prostitute for a "BJ"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Yesterday I found a package of bacon in National in Santiago (imported from the states) The label states november 2011for expiring. I showed to the manager he said it was not correct labeled because it still looks ok. The label was the origin label from the producer. i think beside of fraud on the prices, one have to check every item on the date