Supermercado janet's (cabarete)

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
This happens everywhere in the world. Some supermarkets in the US brag that they have a policy that if the register rings up the item for more, you get it for free. Can't see that happening in DR.

Yesterday was my "shoe shopping for people in DR day". [I'm still in US] Bought about 6 pair of shoes and sneakers. One of the boxes [sneakers for our caretaker] had a big yellow "sale" card with the price, and it rang up for $10 more. I told the cashier, and she said "Oh, someone must have put that on there by mistake". And I said "Well, mistake or not, that's what I'm paying, call your manager." She did. No hesitation, price was adjusted. I was probably a little too stern with the cashier, she was ditzy, but I had just come from CVS, where they had double charged me for not one, but three different items. Took them about 10 minutes to refund almost $20. Arghhhhhhhh!

To the OP: I **GET** what upset you!
Everything happens everywhere in the world yes, but in certain parts of the world its not just happens its put in system

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Nice to see that the Managers at Super Mercados National have all had the same "Customer "DIS"service Training"!!!!!!!
I check most "expiration dates"!!!!!
I also, punch a hole in the packaged meat, and chicken packages, and "Smell" for freshness.
Then I leave that package, and take one without a "Hole".
I also open two packages of pork chops, and other "Chops", take the 3 meaty top pieces that hide the mostly bone chops below,put the "Good ones" on the tray, leave the "Bones" in the display, and have the butcher wrap them up for me.
You know the "Butcher" I mean???????
The one who "Mislabels" meat for me so I can save money!
I "TIP" him a little, he saves me a "LOT"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
here is one you should never do;

let us say that your bill is 93 pesos. you do not want 7 pesos on change, but you would rather a single 10 peso coin instead. so you give them a 100 peso bill, plus 3 pesos. they will never figure that one out.It's beyond the Tennessee educated also But what could you expect for the place where the tooth brush was invented, any place else would have called it a teeth brush.Der Fish

Derfish, you are beginning to sound like Gallagher. i remember when he asked;

why do they call them buildings? they are already finished. they should call them "built".

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Nice to see that the Managers at Super Mercados National have all had the same "Customer "DIS"service Training"!!!!!!!
I check most "expiration dates"!!!!!
I also, punch a hole in the packaged meat, and chicken packages, and "Smell" for freshness.
Then I leave that package, and take one without a "Hole".
I also open two packages of pork chops, and other "Chops", take the 3 meaty top pieces that hide the mostly bone chops below,put the "Good ones" on the tray, leave the "Bones" in the display, and have the butcher wrap them up for me.
You know the "Butcher" I mean???????
The one who "Mislabels" meat for me so I can save money!
I "TIP" him a little, he saves me a "LOT"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

you mean the guy who labels ground pork with the ground beef tag, and you throw him some pesos?

went to Tropical in POP once, and bought some oxtails. they were beautiful...until i opened the package. the ones below were like soup bones. i took them right back to the manager, and she was embarrassed in front of other shoppers. she apologized to me, and gave me something useful. it was that outrageous..

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Lol, in belgium and netherlands ( dont realy know for other countries) you have to weigh and label your fruit en vegetables yourselve :) its custom to weigh and label and then put some extra apples in it. The cashiers dont really care lol

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
What about those net bags that always have at least one rotten onion in them. If you don't locate and segregate immediately, your entire bag will be gonzo within days.
I can picture the conveyer belt at the onion place going by with all the rotten onions and the floor supervisor screaming....
One per bag ladies.......ONE PER BAG.
I mean really... who is going to complain about one rotten onion.
Damn.....They really have us coming and going.
It must be Obama's fault. ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"GORGON" Yes!
Except that "Ground Pork", costs more than the "Ground beef".
I have several employees at my favorite "Super" on my "Payroll"!
I just tell the fruit & vegetable guy what I want, he disappears for 10 minutes, and brings a big box of the "Good Stuff" to the check out area to be waiting for me.
The "Bag Boys" bring me a chair, unload the cart, and take everything to my car, which is waiting at the front door in a reserved parking place.
The security guard stops traffic so we can leave.
I once unknowingly dropped my cell phone in the parking lot.
I didn't even realize it was gone until, the security guard came up to me and asked me if the one he found was mine???
It Was!
He said it rang, he answered it, my friend asked who he was, he told him, he said it was "CC's" phone, and he returned it!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 5, 2007
"GORGON" Yes!
Except that "Ground Pork", costs more than the "Ground beef".
I have several employees at my favorite "Super" on my "Payroll"!
I just tell the fruit & vegetable guy what I want, he disappears for 10 minutes, and brings a big box of the "Good Stuff" to the check out area to be waiting for me.
The "Bag Boys" bring me a chair, unload the cart, and take everything to my car, which is waiting at the front door in a reserved parking place.
The security guard stops traffic so we can leave.
I once unknowingly dropped my cell phone in the parking lot.
I didn't even realize it was gone until, the security guard came up to me and asked me if the one he found was mine???
It Was!
He said it rang, he answered it, my friend asked who he was, he told him, he said it was "CC's" phone, and he returned it!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

How much do you eat!! I thought you were on a diet?

Makin up for that time "starving" on a PBR eh? Out of curiosity, how was food on those things

I'll have to give you a 10-21 or PM sometime, have few questions about riverines if you don't mind, general questions. Met a guy the other day that said he was on one and would occasionally "borrow" native scow and go upriver, confused the hell out of me as to what happened to the plastic tub

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Lol, in belgium and netherlands ( dont realy know for other countries) you have to weigh and label your fruit en vegetables yourselve :) its custom to weigh and label and then put some extra apples in it. The cashiers dont really care lol
isnt that not the same as theft?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
When I was fighting over 2 pesos in the supermarket the cashier asked them from the guy who was bagging the groceries. She probably thought I would feel bad. I asked her if she would accept if I would pay 2 pesos short. I agree with Criss, it's a matter of principle not having issues. I can wait 15 minutes for my 2 pesos, nothing better to do anyway.

I agree with you, even if it's two pesos, it adds up over time.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Ever hear the old saying "Watch your pennies, and your dollars will take care of themselves"?

[Sometimes I open my mouth, and my mother comes out]

Times have moved on, that's why Australia and Canada use no more pennies.
It's a quaint proverb.
A peso is about USD 0.0235 and a centavo ......... that's why I don't sweat it and take care of the $$$.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
isnt that not the same as theft?

True

but you there between a lot of old ladies doing the same everyday, after 5 times you dont wanna be the sucker anymore ;) and they calculate theft in all their prices to make up for it.

D but hey isnt it the same as here tipping the guy on putting a lower weigt sticker on it ?

For americans this maybe sounds strange but we have no bagboys in stores and you have to PAY for a plastic bag to put your stuff in
And put it in yourself. + the bags are "made from recycled materials so they really break quickly. per plastic bag you pay 5 or 10 cents

* Interesting fact about expired dates food, in greece a month ago ,because of the upcoming poverty alot of stores are alowed to legally sell overdated products cheap.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Faithfully Your's

:
'LOSERS" leave "pennies" on the ground, "WINNERS" pick them up!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"WINNING",........Every day!!!!!!!!!

How many pennies does it take for one Blackbeards excursion and how long does it take to accumulate the amount?
At that rate it must be esay to be faithful!:nervous:

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Janet propably does it to , charge you for stealing and plus that they steal extra from you

I wonder when they too are going to charge me for plastic bags for "for the enviroment" . As you know you get at least 50 everytime you go :) great garbige bags though

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
In the Netherlands, at least Albert Heijn stopped doing that, you can still weigh your fruit, but it's weighed again at the cash register.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
One of the reasons to their hight premie the insurance claim the amount of fraud against them, too many people made false claims and go away with that.
Ok, but I am too stupid to do that, but have to pay the others "smartness" Thats the way I see it and of course I don't like it.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
In defense of Janets , we often take bags of coins there and they are delighted to get the change ( Cambio) and dutifully weigh it and give us the note - often 200 pesos etc. Sometimes we miscount and they always give us the difference.

We have had this experience of Non - ofertas - in a number of supermakets including Janets, Playero La serena, National etc across the north coast but in the case of Janets you must all agree it is one of the cheapest ( for the quality in supermarkets around the north coast.

If it phases you to loose 5 RD$ when you have saved the petrol to La Serena in POP ( about 1.5 gallons ) and avoided the astronomical prices for some things in Playero then enjoy the beer ! Greenies of course.

Olly and the Team