Supermercado janet's (cabarete)

Janet propably does it to , charge you for stealing and plus that they steal extra from you

I wonder when they too are going to charge me for plastic bags for "for the enviroment" . As you know you get at least 50 everytime you go :) great garbige bags though

I wish they would charge for bags! Then they wouldn't be used sooooo much!!!!!
Wife brings bags wherever we go so we don't use the plastic earth killing ones. In Vancouver they charge 5 cents in many places for bags, but it is about 40 years behind here so I don't expect that anytime soon!

The look on their faces when we say No bolsas! They look at us like we have 6 heads!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The look on their faces when we say No bolsas! They look at us like we have 6 heads!

Errrr...

Do you really tell them "no bolsas"?

No wonder they look at you as they do. That word is one that has a meaning in the DR that is somewhat idiosyncratic in that it is is understood to mean a particular portion of the male anatomy!

Errrr...

Do you really tell them "no bolsas"?

No wonder they look at you as they do. That word is one that has a meaning in the DR that is somewhat idiosyncratic in that it is is understood to mean a particular portion of the male anatomy!

OMG she has had me saying it wrong forever!! In google translate it says no bags. So No Bolsos would be correct??
So I was saying no balls non stop....well not really wrong .....jajajajajaa

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Harleysrock - Bolsas in Spain and Fudas in DR for bags that is !! - caught me out when I went to northern Spain rcently.

olly - no team !

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
OMG she has had me saying it wrong forever!! In google translate it says no bags. So No Bolsos would be correct??
So I was saying no balls non stop....well not really wrong .....jajajajajaa

Actually, it refers to the covering...

The word used in the DR for bags in the grocery store is "funda."

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Our maid says Bolsos all the time for bags but from now on i will say funda for bags. That is right right???!!!!

Yes! That is why the Dominican word for a purse is "cartera" (which is actually the word for wallet) instead of bolsa.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
La Serena has to be the worst ,sometimes when they put an item on sale "usually local" they pull all the other brands off the shelf so you have no choice but to buy the item on sale , or they put the sale price above a more expensive item that' s the same brand ,or the sale price doesn't ring up at the register. and I see they got rid of the scanners , never seen a store go out of their way to screw people like they do .

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the fun thing about La Sirena is that it is the terminus for all manner of job lots and closeouts in the USA. so, you can buy something today that you really liked, and never see it again.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I agree , they had some extra long grain rice from the US for 200.00 pesos a ten pound bag, I mean this stuff was really good , it only lasted a month haven't seen it since .

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Just make sure to check the expiration date on items placed on sale(if buying in quantities) as the shelf life may be only a few days or weeks.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Just make sure to check the expiration date on items placed on sale(if buying in quantities) as the shelf life may be only a few days or weeks.

i no longer check expiration dates, because i do not know if they are the ones from the factory, or from the guy in Miami that changes them.