Supermercado Nacional - 3rd of Santiago

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I'm surprised no one has commented about this yet.

Earlier this month Supermercados Nacional open its 16 store on Avenida Rafael Vidal, the third in Santiago. I think it has an interesting design on the outside, though none of their stores look alike on the outside and that's a good thing. It adds to the variety of adornments or looks to a city or town unlike others which build the same boxes all over the place. Hopefully Nacional and CCN in general doesn't gives up this Dominican trait. It is a supermarket, so the inside looks like any Nacional supermarket.

Another aspect of this opening is that thanks to Covid, this is a time of temporary or definite closures, yet CCN is opening stores and expanding as if nothing ever happened. lol About 200 new jobs were created here.

61-CE5114-CF01-4-C46-BE7-B-A1-D04-BA65011.jpg

Last edited:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Actually when people are forced into their homes because curfews, they eat more, therefore buy more foods...
This is a good time to expand supermarkets.

Each time I go it is always with the parking lot busy.

Reactions: JD Jones

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is it not really close to the other two nationals?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
By distance? A bit close...
By traffic? God sent location.
I think the issue is how long must you spend on traffic rather than distance to each other.
And that’s with potholes and you name it on the roads; think when they all become more fit to roll on them...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Can we show it on a map....??

I don't know STI that well by street names

The other 2 Nacionals are quite close together

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Btw the best way to drive into it, is from the back if coming from Rafael Vidal. You skip the corner craziness and the slow pokes in the entrance.

They’d been putting some good deals lately that put others to shame(on some selected items).

The temp reader at door works half the time if you care about it. Guy just does the motions as if to keep bosses happy🙄

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I'm surprised no one has commented about this yet.

Earlier this month Supermercados Nacional open its 16 store on Avenida Rafael Vidal, the third in Santiago. I think it has an interesting design on the outside, though none of their stores look alike on the outside and that's a good thing. It adds to the variety of adornments or looks to a city or town unlike others which build the same boxes all over the place. Hopefully Nacional and CCN in general doesn't gives up this Dominican trait. It is a supermarket, so the inside looks like any Nacional supermarket.

Another aspect of this opening is that thanks to Covid, this is a time of temporary or definite closures, yet CCN is opening stores and expanding as if nothing ever happened. lol About 200 new jobs were created here.

I believe there’s one more underway at 27 de Febrero, close to Guano, las Damas hood.
Is been going up rapidly each time I pass by.