Surname Mayi and Payano

sonnyoz

May 4, 2021
New York
Mayi is rare. Pretty much means we are family. Hi Cousin lol. Mayi comes from overseas. We were in France around the late 1700s near the Tran-et-Garonne before heading into DR. Around this time France was began to be allies with the Americas by signing the Treaty after the fight in Saratoga. So many sailed into the Americas around this time. It is Origins started in Asia. But our migration goes into DR of Congos to Spain to Middle East to Asia. Battle of Mayi. Or the island of Mayi, or the City of Mayi in Congo. We are all over the place. I'm in 23&me and AncestryDNA. Let me know if you are there and we can match up.
i hope one day it wont be so hard for us to find our blood line.
These two surnames exist in my family lines and i have NO idea of their origins, they sound non-spanish. I can't find pretty much any information on them, except they seem to be very common in d.r , when i do a google image search i get plenty of Dominicans. For Mayi though i get a variety of people, including east indians and east africans but it seems to be more common in d.r. Anyone have any ideas of the origins? Or perhaps what language group it belongs to.

Thanks, much apriciated.

sonnyoz

May 4, 2021
New York
Mayi is rare. Pretty much means we are family. Hi Cousin lol. Mayi comes from overseas. We were in France around the late 1700s near the Tran-et-Garonne before heading into DR. Around this time France was began to be allies with the Americas by signing the Treaty after the fight in Saratoga. So many sailed into the Americas around this time. It is Origins started in Asia. But our migration goes into DR of Congos to Spain to Middle East to Asia. Battle of Mayi. Or the island of Mayi, or the City of Mayi in Congo. We are all over the place. I'm in 23&me and AncestryDNA. Let me know if you are there and we can match up.
i hope one day it wont be so hard for us to find our blood line.
And also. You have to remember that the handwriting documents were hard to understand. We can be found as Mais Mayi Mahi Maji