Taking the MYTH out of shipping a car to the Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, i think that toyota as a brand is slightly overrated in DR in general. supercarros gives a range of prices for camry depending on a model and mileage. the cheapest one was about 660 or 680k pesos. most expensive about 23k dollars.
we have been lucky enough to be able to get decent cars in DR and i cannot imagine bringing a used car from abroad unless it is a classic. but camry? no offense but this is a s**tty car, nothing special about it at all.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Really take out the MYTH...

Only one thing to say on this thread.
"Use" your Dominican relations either for buying a car here or for bringing one over and you will always make the better deal in quality as in $ in your advantage.

Alousou

Mar 16, 2016
That's pretty accurate in my estimate as well. I shipped a vehicle about two years ago and it came to about the same. A word of caution for those looking into doing this for the first time, be very careful about which company you partner with. There are definitely some questionable ones out there that don't have the experience that they claim. I've heard some horrible stories over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
New permanent residents and Dominicans coming back to DR to live get substantial discounts. We paid about half of the above for a more expensive car

Old thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.