Tales From Nueva York Chiquito

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I don't know why he has to take it out on the Hache brothers (and father). For the remainder: it clearly shows the irony of a society where part of the population has the money to live like 'Americanos' and the rest doesn't have to even live as a human being. This is not limited to DR though.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I don't know why he has to take it out on the Hache brothers (and father). For the remainder: it clearly shows the irony of a society where part of the population has the money to live like 'Americanos' and the rest doesn't have to even live as a human being. This is not limited to DR though.

Maybe because they own the license for the franchise here? Even if he would have used another high sounding surname (like Brugal) the resulting message would have been the same: that the elite here should be ashamed of its neocolonialist tendencies/complexes, or in good Dominican, their "complejo de Guacanagarix" (the Mexican equivalent would be Malinche, the native woman that attended Cortez).

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
When you are the grandson of the great writer Juan Bosh, you should really make sure you know what you're doing before writing a public article. I agree with all he said, but his writing abilities are poor and he really doesn't sound like he's completely convinced of his own opinion.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
When you are the grandson of the great writer Juan Bosh, you should really make sure you know what you're doing before writing a public article. I agree with all he said, but his writing abilities are poor and he really doesn't sound like he's completely convinced of his own opinion.

yes, Castle, the narrative is weak. however, i cut him some slack, insofar as english is not his native language, and his erudition is corrupted by linguistic shortcomings. the message, however, is crystal clear.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
When I read this article I pictured how so many people shew away and treat these kids like trash.
I know you don't want them hovering over you when you are eating but we do have a social responsibility and the government here is intent on keeping the population dumbed down.
The Hache family is exercising their right to the Dominican form of "free enterprise" if it can be called that here.