"Tasador" for cars?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
exactly! they are the same color as a pumpkin..

caribmike, you should look at the Toyota Fortuner. that is a nice ride right there.

Plus one.

I was going to suggest the Fortuner too.

He's not sold on the Prado, swaying towards the 4 Runner, but the Fortuner is a Hilux in a posh frock. *With that wonderful, unbreakable D4D turbo diesel engine.

If you want that rugged offload look, lift it up a few inches and put some Goodrich All Terrains on it.

liftkit-special-2.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Plus one.

I was going to suggest the Fortuner too.

He's not sold on the Prado, swaying towards the 4 Runner, but the Fortuner is a Hilux in a posh frock. *With that wonderful, unbreakable D4D turbo diesel engine.

If you want that rugged offload look, lift it up a few inches and put some Goodrich All Terrains on it.

liftkit-special-2.jpg

i have always liked that SUV. the burgundy version is smashing..

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
i have always liked that SUV. the burgundy version is smashing..

Me too. *And with a few modifications you have the ultimate off roader. *Great for tootling around town, but if the fancy takes you, you can forge a river.

It will "out" off road any Jeep.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Me too. *And with a few modifications you have the ultimate off roader. *Great for tootling around town, but if the fancy takes you, you can forge a river.

It will "out" off road any Jeep.

the first thing that struck me about that car the first time i saw one was the ground clearance...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
It is on my short list.

Another question. The Lexus GX 460 is basically a Land Cruiser Prado, isn't it?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
It is on my short list.

Another question. The Lexus GX 460 is basically a Land Cruiser Prado, isn't it?

Yes, but with a big thirsty 4.6 liter V8 gasoline engine. *The Prado comes in two guises. *One with the 3 liter turbo diesel engine, same as the Fortuner and the other is a 4 cyl gasoline engine. *Not as good as the diesel, but quite economical considering the load it's hauling.

Obviously the Lexus has a few extra bells and whistles, but my choice would be the Prado over the Lexus.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, but with a big thirsty 4.6 liter V8 gasoline engine. *The Prado comes in two guises. *One with the 3 liter turbo diesel engine, same as the Fortuner and the other is a 4 cyl gasoline engine. *Not as good as the diesel, but quite economical considering the load it's hauling.

Obviously the Lexus has a few extra bells and whistles, but my choice would be the Prado over the Lexus.

i think they also came with the v6 Camry motor, but maybe they stopped making those. i am not sure.