Teeth Whitening in Santiago

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Wait a minute, you have to go through the whitening treatment 3 separate visits.........
Please clarify, because that's a new one for me............

B in Santiago
I don't know what you did before.

This is 3 separate visits a week apart. She says the procedure has to fully work (takes 24 hours) to determine the subsequent treatments. We knew this going in. Each visit makes the teeth a shade brighter, depending on the original condition.

The third treatment for me concentrated on the spaces between the teeth the most.

I'm no expert, and this was the first time for me. I don't know other methods. I can only testify this worked for me very well.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I don't know what you did before.

This is 3 separate visits a week apart. She says the procedure has to fully work (takes 24 hours) to determine the subsequent treatments. We knew this going in. Each visit makes the teeth a shade brighter, depending on the original condition.

The third treatment for me concentrated on the spaces between the teeth the most.

I'm no expert, and this was the first time for me. I don't know other methods. I can only testify this worked for me very well.

It is totally different from the way it is done by dentists in the states..............Go figure........
As long as it works for you, and your pleased with the results, that's all that counts......
The price is definitely good...........

B in Santiago

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It is totally different from the way it is done by dentists in the states..............Go figure........
As long as it works for you, and your pleased with the results, that's all that counts......
The price is definitely good...........

B in Santiago
I think one consideration is possible side effects because some folks are much more sensitive to the chemicals & light than others.

And example is MOM CB & me. I had *zero* side effects at all. Mom CB had some minor burning on the inside of her lips (like a sunburn, she said) after each treatment, a rare but not uncommon problem.

There may be multiple systems on the market, I dunno.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think they spread it out over a few visits to avoid sensitivity issues - a common problem with some whitening procedures in the US

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
We asked Dentista Monica ( Sosua ) about this some time ago. She cautioned that she did NOT recommend this procedure for anyone with hyper-sensitive gums/teeth.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
When I have the procedure done in Phoenix, it is performed by a Dental Surgeon who is a very good friend of mine.
Before he uses the Peroxide, he puts a liquid coating on my gums and the backsides of my lips..........
This protects these sensitive areas from the peroxide burns that happen on sensitive gum and inner linings close to the teeth.
But, nothing can help you if your enamel is thin, the pain can be excruciating...........

I am planning a new dental office in Campo Villa Bao in the next six months............
That is the biggest reason why I am getting a new apartment there......
This has been in the works and will be coming to light in the near future.......
Have a great location, and I have the means to keep the office full.
My dental surgeon friend has put me in touch with the best wholesale equipment venders in the States.
Just so you know....the Wholesale cost for 1 complete professional whitening is under 10 Dollars U.S.
It's an absolute money maker.........Whitening and Cleaning..........

I have the staff (Professional & Licensed)and I will make sure they do the best work possible..............
CB.........When open........first Cleaning and Whitening is on the house.........

B in Santiago

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Might give CB SIL's cabinet a try......
Back in europe dentist says no no...... something to do with the "email" ( cant remember the english word....sorry ).
Local dentist in mamey ( great wee officina by the way, she is real nice, clean and modern....). Says the same.....

Coffee and cigarettes have taken toll on my 34 year old teeth...... nothing dramatic bit even so would be great to have a couple of shades whiter....

malko

Jan 12, 2013
When I have the procedure done in Phoenix, it is performed by a Dental Surgeon who is a very good friend of mine.
Before he uses the Peroxide, he puts a liquid coating on my gums and the backsides of my lips..........
This protects these sensitive areas from the peroxide burns that happen on sensitive gum and inner linings close to the teeth.
But, nothing can help you if your enamel is thin, the pain can be excruciating...........

I am planning a new dental office in Campo Villa Bao in the next six months............
This has been in the works and will be coming to light in the near future.......
My dental surgeon friend has put me in touch with the best wholesale equipment venders in the States.
Just so you know....the Wholesale cost for 1 complete professional whitening is under 10 Dollars U.S.

I have the staff (Professional & Licensed)and I will make sure they do the best work possible..............
CB.........When open........first Cleaning and Whitening is on the house.........

B in Santiago

Lots of those in switzerland. Not dentists but call themselves something similar.....

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

B in Santiago

Same way with me. I do the Zoom whitening, takes an hour. I do it yearly (slightly obsessed, lol) The price has gone done considerably in the US as well. In NYC, got it down for $99 with groupon.
It s painless but it depends on the person.

Crest strips work well but not as drastic (told u I was obsessed, lol :) )

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Back in europe dentist says no no...... something to do with the "email" ( cant remember the english word....sorry ).
Local dentist in mamey ( great wee officina by the way, she is real nice, clean and modern....). Says the same.....

Coffee and cigarettes have taken toll on my 34 year old teeth...... nothing dramatic bit even so would be great to have a couple of shades whiter....

Enamel???

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Back in Europe dentist says no no...... something to do with the "email" ( cant remember the English word....sorry ).

Purchase Hydrogen Peroxide 3% at most any Drug or Grocery store...........
I purchase HP 3% at Polla.....a 1 gallon container for under 200DP.......
Some people say it could hurt the tooth enamel, the research I have done disagrees...........
I have never smoked, and never drink coffee or tea............
So because of this, my teeth are always brilliant white.........
I rinse with this twice a day to maintain.....................
In a moderate amount of time, it will bleach out a lot of your staining.........
1. Have your teeth professionally cleaned first......for complete tarter removal...........
2.When the HP 3% is in your mouth, DON'T GARGLE, DON'T SWALLOW...............
Swish it around in your mouth for about a minute, you will feel a bubbling action and expansion feeling in your mouth...
Besides the whitening, the HP 3% is also killing off all the bacteria in your mouth...............
I never get cavities or any kind of gum disease..........
REMEMBER........NEVER EVER SWALLOW HP 3%.............

B in Santiago

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
a fad, cleaning in d.r. is cheap....peroxide gotta be expensive...not sure if its for me... how much does it cost in florida? same money? 200Us is still alot at the dentists office..

malko

Jan 12, 2013
In Europe they often (used to) say no because teeth are not supposed to be white and the whitening process is not good for your teeth. I once inquired for a whitening treatment here and the dentist told me the color of my teeth was perfectly natural even though I found them kind of yellow.

On the infamous bad British teeth vs. bright American teeth:
BBC News - American v British teeth

British Teeth Aren’t That Bad (American Teeth Are Far Worse) | FiveThirtyEight

I think the "star" look virus infected me...... Mauricio, u cured me !!!!!
As long as my teeth are healthy.......... and my smile still attracts woman.....:cheeky::cheeky:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I think the "star" look virus infected me...... Mauricio, u cured me !!!!!
As long as my teeth are healthy.......... and my smile still attracts woman.....:cheeky::cheeky:

Healthy AND white is better.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
hi always try smiling with a fifty dollar grin

I settled for diamond :smoke:

Ukrasheniq-za-zybi.jpg