Temp Residency Renewal in corvid times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2002
www.compunorma.com
Hi my temporary residency will expire end of July, How is the renewal now? are there many people at migration or should I wait until September, I have diabetes so I am in a risk group

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Someone posted recently that it was faster than ever because there were much fewer people.

Hi my temporary residency will expire end of July, How is the renewal now? are there many people at migration or should I wait until September, I have diabetes so I am in a risk group
My friend went last week, I think it was 1.5 hours in residency and 3 hours at the Cedula office. No way would I do that if in a high risk group, just pay the fines later on, it's not a big deal to do.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
How much of the process can one do online now ?

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Was there yesterday; from start to finish it was about an hour and fifteen minutes. They do limit the number of people so it's not as crowded as before but there were still between 50 to 60 people inside.
I did all of the process online and yesterday was just to take the picture and receive the ID.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Maybe start whatever you can do online and follow up later when you feel it is safer.
Go all the way through the online process UNTIL YOU GET "SELECT PAYMENT METHOD"
Don't complete this step - as you will pay and get an appointment date (unless of course you want an appointment). I was told there would be penalty / fine if you don't keep the appointment. My other half is out of country - the Migration person in PP told me that they would have no issue "pushing the button" on their return to DR.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Go all the way through the online process UNTIL YOU GET "SELECT PAYMENT METHOD"
Don't complete this step - as you will pay and get an appointment date (unless of course you want an appointment). I was told there would be penalty / fine if you don't keep the appointment. My other half is out of country - the Migration person in PP told me that they would have no issue "pushing the button" on their return to DR.
Thats a good solution as you then show your intent in complying but you can’t be psychical present as you are either not in the DR or due to the health risk

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
So exactly when do you think Covid 19 will be over? Complete the process, take the precautions - all good.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
How much of the process can one do online now ?
For temporary residency, almost all of it. You only have to go to SD to have finger prints and foto taken and for the machine to print out your residency card and cedula. Why they can't do that in DGM substations and other JCE's is a mystery.

Reactions: aarhus

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
For temporary residents, it's 500 pesos/mo for every month you're late. I was two months late and wasn't charged anything extra - maybe a special covid waiver(?).
Yep - me too. 2 months late.. No fine

Status
Not open for further replies.