Thai Food...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Patrikim and your restaurant...

I looked all over Caberate and asked several different people. They said no such restaurant exist. No japanese and no thai. Only chinese. So...where is your restaurant? You may want to consider advertising.

I was surprised to find that the nice brick oven pizza restaurant on the east end of Cabarete was up for sale. I thought the guy had very good pizza. Is business slow in Cabarete?

So I struck out twice. No Thai and no Pizza.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Snuffy said:
Wondering if there are any stores that specialize in Asian food products.

Pescayama
Located on the first side street off the Winston Churchill going south after the light at Charles Summner.

This place is owned by the Takeyama's (Samurai rest), they sell fish as well as ingredients for Japanese food.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
arturo said:
There are a number of authentic Korean restaurants in the area surrounding their little barrio in Bella Vista (Santo Domingo). For example, on calle 12 de Julio there is a place called Mennem that has Kimchi, barbecued short ribs and many other well known Korean specialities. Restaurant Bethel, nearby on Romulo Betancourt just west of the Burger King is more homestyle and has fewer seafood items. I need to emphasize that this is authentic Korean food. It is at least 100 times more spicy than what most Domincans describe as "muy picante." There are items that are not spicy and Bethel will tone it down on request because the owner told me they are trying to cater to a more mixed crowd. There is also a Korean supermarket on 12 de Julio. Enjoy.
The last meeting of the Lunch Research Foundation was held in Bethel. I was pleasantly surprised, the food is excellent, abundant and cheap. The kimchi wasn't as spicy as I had tried it before, but maybe that's the one they have there for non-koreans ;)

I highly reccomend it and would be back there soon. The only two things I didn't like (but really didn't bother me too much) was that they have metal chopstics that are two thin and keep slipping and that the waitress didn't have quite a good memory. Anyways, I will be back, I also like that they are in my neighborhood.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Snuffy said:
I looked all over Caberate and asked several different people. They said no such restaurant exist. No japanese and no thai. Only chinese. So...where is your restaurant? You may want to consider advertising.

I was surprised to find that the nice brick oven pizza restaurant on the east end of Cabarete was up for sale. I thought the guy had very good pizza. Is business slow in Cabarete?

So I struck out twice. No Thai and no Pizza.
We had OK Thai in Cabarete. Well, a little worse than OK, it was too mild, but when you want Thai here you have to take what they have.

Malene (or was it Marlene) was the place.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Thai in Cabarete

Sorry to hear that Snuffy.

The Thai Restaurant is in the Residencia Dominicana located in Pro Cab. It is sort of off the beaten track and as far as I know there is no sign on the road indicating where it is. If you do a regular web search for Residencia Dominicana the hotel pops up and that is where the Thai restaurant is.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Castellamonte said:
Yup, pretty good Thai for the DR. You can ask them to 'kick it up a notch' if you want.
Well, I didn't know it would be so mild and I only ate there once. When I return to Cabarete I will make sure they use 5 more cents of chili pepper. :nervous: