Thank Corraplata for the mess

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Corraplata is doing more of what is specializes in - F*cking up !

I'm sure you have seen the mess at the entrance of the road to Hispaniola near the Texaco station in Sosua which is causing backups all the way to Caribe Tours two lanes wide (sometimes 3)

That have been tearing up the road in many areas of Sosua, Los Castillos and Charamicos.
Bravo if they can actually deliver water reliably some day. 🙏

But Corraplata never seems to repair the roads, they only leave a mud hole, with broken edges of asphalt that washes out with rain and traffic. How the mayor of Sosua can allow them to have the roads of Sosua left in such condition is baffling.
Unless this is his way of proving he's 'working for Sosua' or maybe he has a side hustle fixing car suspensions.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Corraplata is doing more of what is specializes in - F*cking up !

I'm sure you have seen the mess at the entrance of the road to Hispaniola near the Texaco station in Sosua which is causing backups all the way to Caribe Tours two lanes wide (sometimes 3)

That have been tearing up the road in many areas of Sosua, Los Castillos and Charamicos.
Bravo if they can actually deliver water reliably some day. 🙏

But Corraplata never seems to repair the roads, they only leave a mud hole, with broken edges of asphalt that washes out with rain and traffic. How the mayor of Sosua can allow them to have the roads of Sosua left in such condition is baffling.
Unless this is his way of proving he's 'working for Sosua' or maybe he has a side hustle fixing car suspensions.
Yepp, 25% of the "main" road in Los Castillos are now just mud and potholes... AWESOME work. I thought the general idea was if you destroyed something you would fix it. But no, Corraplata just leaves it as is...
The mayor "working for Sosua"? Where? I mean yeah the welcome sign is nice, but in the wrong part of town and not in any place where you want to stop anyway.
Apart from that, what else has he done? Added a bunch of traffic lights and speed bumps which just makes the traffic even more unbearable.

Reactions: AlaninDR

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yepp, 25% of the "main" road in Los Castillos are now just mud and potholes... AWESOME work. I thought the general idea was if you destroyed something you would fix it. But no, Corraplata just leaves it as is...
The mayor "working for Sosua"? Where? I mean yeah the welcome sign is nice, but in the wrong part of town and not in any place where you want to stop anyway.
Apart from that, what else has he done? Added a bunch of traffic lights and speed bumps which just makes the traffic even more unbearable.
If yall think this is bad, I recommend ya stay far away from the center of Santiago.
The only time I have ever seen this much construction taking place across a city was back in the fall of 2005 a few months after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.
It's crazy.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Yes, I got stuck in that traffic jam tailing back from opposite the Texaco station yesterday. It was back almost to Sosua Abajo for me.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You have to wonder if it will be torn up for Christmas?
But there will be lots of bandaids put on potholes for the next year elections.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Camino Llibre is a huge mess and nobody directing traffic. It's worse today because of the mud. I decided to leave my car at home and walk down today to avoid aggravation. I sure hope they fix this soon. I'll be sending Willy a video tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: Kricke87

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I'll be sending Willy a video tomorrow.
Why? Do you really think he cares? :ROFLMAO:
If yall think this is bad, I recommend ya stay far away from the center of Santiago.
The only time I have ever seen this much construction taking place across a city was back in the fall of 2005 a few months after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.
It's crazy.
Yeah, if it were up to me, I'd just stay inside.
Sadly though, I have kids who need someone to take them to and from school, and a wife who doesn't appreciate staying indoors/at home. :rolleyes:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What are they doing? New water pipes?
I drove by 20 minutes ago and there were 4 Corraplata nose-pickers with no tools all squatting around the excavation - none of them looked intelligent enough to do pipe work or open up a street.
They need to bring in a Contractor with some skill because what they have working there now are ads-clowns.
And Digesett couldn't direct a one bicycle race

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
he has been busy building that ridiculous mansion of his,OMFG. I walk by it every day and every day I want to vomit all over his pretty tiled sidewalk. I hate to say it but in general Dominicans are pu$$ies,they should be lobbing molotovs over his wall and electric fence.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Coraapplata just did the same thing in the Callejón in Cabarete. The side of the road was dug up from the traffic light down to about the school to put in new water pipes, and now there is a 3'-4' wide strip with broken edges of asphalt that has been haphazardly filled in with coliche leaving a rough, potholed, muddy mess. It's been like that for almost a month now.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
Camino Llibre is a huge mess and nobody directing traffic. It's worse today because of the mud. I decided to leave my car at home and walk down today to avoid aggravation. I sure hope they fix this soon. I'll be sending Willy a video tomorrow.
It's mind blowing how bad this road is now. AMET has people working at 5pm on Sunday in obscure corners of El Batey to catch motos without helmets BUT they can't assign someone to direct traffic on this 2 lane 2 way road that has now become a 1 lane road. Both AMET and Corplatta are useless.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
On Camino Libre there is a garbage truck stuck in the mud right now thanks to Coraapplata

Attachments

• 950f45de-ebd2-4fe4-a243-f133dec5924a.jpeg
    950f45de-ebd2-4fe4-a243-f133dec5924a.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 75

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It's mind blowing how bad this road is now. AMET has people working at 5pm on Sunday in obscure corners of El Batey to catch motos without helmets BUT they can't assign someone to direct traffic on this 2 lane 2 way road that has now become a 1 lane road. Both AMET and Corplatta are useless.
When I went by on Wednesday, about three AMET guys were there directing traffic. Whether they were helping the situation is doubtful, because, as I said, the line that I was in went well past Los Charamicos.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
When I went by on Wednesday, about three AMET guys were there directing traffic. Whether they were helping the situation is doubtful, because, as I said, the line that I was in went well past Los Charamicos.
The line was just past the entrada de Maranatha when we went through Wednesday am

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm so glad I don't live in Charamicos anymore. Feel bad for the folks stuck dealing with these snails.