The American Dinner in Cabarete

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I found the American Dinner a big disappointment. First of all, it is not an American Diner, which I love when I am in the States for their breakfasts, salisbury steaks, blt's, etc...

Secondly, it is not a Belgian french fry place. Not even close. They only offer 2 Belgian dishes, of which only one is served in a typical french fry place. All the rest of the menu is the regular crap you can get in every joint in Cabarete.

We went there around 5.30 pm, and were told they do not serve fries between 1.30 pm and 6.30 pm, due to some technical issue. WTF???

Service was reasonable, although slow. The hamburger, without fries, was dry. The owners were friendly.

You cannot sit outside, which is a negative for me here.

So, no I do not think they will enjoy a long existence, or they will have to deal with a lot of issues.

BelgianK

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Noticed they put in a lot of playground equipment lately.

Seems like they would improved the food first! Anyone know if that has happened?

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Was excited to have the Belgian fries they offer. Equipment and place all look very nice but food was not good at all....and small beer 95 pesos excl. taxes...
Not recommended so far, hopefully they will get better....
T.E.

At the risk of sounding stupid..............what the heck is Belgian fries exactly??