• It seems most are not corrupt.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • No, definitely most are not corrupt.

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Interesting that overstays and not having the required residency and cedula are legal to so many. Nor do you need a Dominican drivers license nor insurance.

But you insist that you are legal in the D.R. and have no worries. Laws don't apply to you.

How wonderful for you .

But..
She's just a little pregnant.
Not intended at all aimed at Bob. Utmost respect.
Others, not so much

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Interesting that overstays and not having the required residency and cedula are legal to so many. Nor do you need a Dominican drivers license nor insurance.

But you insist that you are legal in the D.R. and have no worries. Laws don't apply to you.

How wonderful for you .

But..
???????? I am a Dominican citizen, have both Cedula and Dominican Drivers license, have insurance of both my cars. I have never overstayed and became a resident in 2012, and a Citizen several years ago.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

How wonderful for you .

But..
The only people who I've heard talk about overstayers or a person's legal status are the expats/ experts on DR1. Legal or not, everything is a case by case basis in this country. We often refer to it as selective enforcement and what it really boils down to is...
what type of mood the person you are dealing with happens to be in that day, nothing more.

Reactions: drstock

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The only people who I've heard talk about overstayers or a person's legal status are the expats/ experts on DR1. Legal or not, everything is a case by case basis in this country. We often refer to it as selective enforcement and what it really boils down to is...
what type of mood the person you are dealing with happens to be in that day, nothing more.

I still compare overstaying here to a speeding ticket in the USA. No one really cares, it's just an avenue for revenue.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Almost....

another similarity to speeding tickets
after too many, the points are added up and they suspend your license

Not so here.... one size fits all
1,000 pesos for any speed !
Pay at the bank.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Many responses in this thread reminds me of Dominicans living abroad. It is quite common for a Dominicans living in the USA or Spain to not attempt to bribe their way out of a police ticket, throw garbage out the car window without thinking about it, driving at very high speeds and parking on the sidewalks or anywhere, etc. The moment the airplane full of Dominicans lands in the DR, many Dominicans take the civility practiced in the USA or Spain and throw it out the window.

I guess Dominicans aren't corrupt either afterall, just like expats. Hey, when you ask Dominicans if they are personally corrupt, take a wild guess what is the most common answer. Hint: It would fit in with many of the posts in this thread.

CJJQM7.jpg