The Banana Wars

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Good history video. Often wonder when History will repeat itself.
People have more fun than anyone.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Those Marines in 1921 in Cuba tried to protect the bananas... but Castro in 1960 had all the bananas sto;en.... and then the whole island......

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can see that. What I don't see is keeping those in powere from repeating it.
Never being a big history buff myself, I keep hearing people say that one must know history in order to not repeat it.

How different things would have been for Hispaniola if the US never left, eh?

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Never being a big history buff myself, I keep hearing people say that one must know history in order to not repeat it.

How different things would have been for Hispaniola if the US never left, eh?
Oh so true. There's an older book out and about if you can find it, caled Cuba Libre. It is factual and not fiction. Explains a whole lot about the 'revolution' and the how and why Castro went for it.
Interesting too that some of those families mentioned are still involved in Florida politics. OOPS, did I say that?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Oh so true. There's an older book out and about if you can find it, caled Cuba Libre. It is factual and not fiction. Explains a whole lot about the 'revolution' and the how and why Castro went for it.
Interesting too that some of those families mentioned are still involved in Florida politics. OOPS, did I say that?
Which one? There must be a dozen different ones on Amazon. Do you remember the author?

I just finished watching "Cuba and the Cameraman" by Jon Alpert. What a fascinating and sad subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Which one? There must be a dozen different ones on Amazon. Do you remember the author?

I just finished watching "Cuba and the Cameraman" by Jon Alpert. What a fascinating and sad subject.
My bad, guess I do to much research for my stories. Gets confusing. So hunt up Havana Nocturne, by T.J. English. Informative and entertaining at the same time.