ThE BiG MoVe...Should I?

Nycewon

Oct 24, 2003
Hello to all! I'm a brand new forum user and I would just like some advice on my possible move to the DR. I am the owner of an internet business (www.00fun.com), and looking to get away from the country I was born and raised in. My entire family is from the Dominican Republic so family and friends will not be a problem. I just want to know what bank accounts will yield the best interest rates, being that I would most likely live off them and my business. I know there are alot of expenses involved with living comfortably, but what am I really getting into? lol..any advice would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I have been silently observing the forums for days now and let me just say that it feels like you guys are very tight community, almost like a family! This is the web at its best.

NyCeWon
23 years and I still havent found my home:(

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
With the amount of traffic you get to your site, you should not need local investments!! Living in the DR is cheap, and internet businesses can be very profitable.

Nycewon

Oct 24, 2003

yeSS but dont let the high traffic fool you lol..my site consists of selling advertising and allowing users to send free electronic greetings..its not a million dollar a year operation. Thanks for the feedback and I will definately check the thread on 'living off investments'

nycewon
www.00fun.com founder

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Find another country for the $$$

Nycewon said:
I just want to know what bank accounts will yield the best interest rates, being that I would most likely live off them and my business.

Don't put your life savings in the DR. If you need to get it out of where you live try Cayman, or Bahamas using Private Banking if you have enough.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
why not?

you have family and friends there? lucky you, atleast you have people who can help. im new here too, and i lost my heart to the dr 2 years ago, i cant move as i have kids, but all the best to you. do it, life is all about making the best memories, and you will be fine. you can always move back. cheri