The days of the Huelga's are coming to an end. There's a new sheriff in town.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There is a noticeable difference in how the former administration handled the huelga's
and how the current administration is handling them. These guys look like they're riding
through a Cartel strong hold somewhere deep in the hills of Mexico ready for a shoot out.
Those guns are clearly being pointed at people's residences not military targets.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I saw a road block today - inspection point

trunks open, lots of police and rifles...

serious stuff

no laffing matter these guys

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
There is a noticeable difference in how the former administration handled the huelga's
and how the current administration is handling them. These guys look like they're riding
through a Cartel strong hold somewhere deep in the hills of Mexico ready for a shoot out.
Those guns are clearly being pointed at people's residences not military targets.

For what? Please don't' tell me curfew violations. :eek:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
For what? Please don't' tell me curfew violations. :eek:
Last Thursday all hell broke lose in Salcedo. Main road from Villa Tapia was blocked off. Many burning tires. People shooting off guns. Your basic Huelga by the labor unions. But on steroids of what I’m told. People are getting very pissed off that the governments not keeping their promises from before the election. Everyone was promised jobs, food and dismissal of corrupt politicians. Checks in the mail. Rinse and repeat if the labor leaders do not get paid off.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Quite a few things have been achieved with huelgas: construction of roads , water sources, schools, etc, but also many lives have been lost.
Some people see the huelga guys as heroes. It's often the only way to get the authorities to "Listen".
Others see them as thugs, as they also damage both private and public property. Huelgas are also bad for business, as you have to shut down for one or several days, which means no income.

Reactions: Jumbo

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Last Thursday all hell broke lose in Salcedo. Main road from Villa Tapia was blocked off. Many burning tires. People shooting off guns. Your basic Huelga by the labor unions. But on steroids of what I’m told. People are getting very pissed off that the governments not keeping their promises from before the election. Everyone was promised jobs, food and dismissal of corrupt politicians. Checks in the mail. Rinse and repeat if the labor leaders do not get paid off.
The government not keeping promises, does that surprise you... was just thinking about how many promises this goverment has made good on....been thinking about this broken promise thing a while now, and my head hurts and I need a cold snack......well 2 cold snacks later, cant think of 1 promise that the goverment made good....sooo maybe in the next 4 years they get elected to things will change......but I think maybe not.......

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I see the military and police have about the same training as their Haitian counterparts