the dominican irony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
Quisqueya said:
Asopao,

Ok if we have more in common with people from Ivory Coast because we are francophones then you have more things in common with people from Equatorial Guinea which by the way speak spanish nicer than dominicans(the ones that speak spanish)..its closer to La Madre Patria..put a dominican from Villa Mella, San Cristóbal, SPM, La Romana..and a equatorial guinean I see no difference..except that they speak a nicer castellano......

Equatorial Guinea?? bwahahaha.

1) Maybe only like 5 % of Equatorial Guineans speak Spanish. Remember, in Africa, European languages are " superficial", only elite and educated get to speak them. The vast majority of the masses speak their the Native African languages. Also, The country is surrounded by Gabon and Cameroon, other Francophones,and E.Guinea's dictator wants to impose Francophonia in the country because he is very anti-Spanish. That have made the Spaniards mad.

2) Why you putting down Dominican Spanish ? There is nothing wrong with it. It is just the way we speak it. It is our dialect. Who has " standard" of how " good Spanish is spoken". Spaniards? Mexicans? Colombians? Anyway, I think this has been discussed several times in the Spanish 101 section.

3) Even you take a typical Southern Dominican, 9:10 I still would be able to tell who is Dominican by looking at their faces. Dominicans usually have that " cara de freco" o " cara de tiguere". No matter how black you can find some Andalusian imprint on their faces. The ones you don't see anything is because of some Haitian or Cocolo descent or mixture with direct-out- of-Africa descended Dominican. Ofcourse, not everybody in Sub-Sahara Africa is pitch black. I've seen many Africans in the States.

And why do dominicans from el Cibao think they are so much better because most are lighter in hue..Do you here you guys speaking spanish? and most of the dominicans in the diaspora from the cibao region are from the campo and not Santiago like they always claim...hmmmm!!!! Boy, I am going to hear it...but c'mon people from the capitai and other regions are darker in hue but most speak well...Ah, latin america the lighter the skin higher the status...

Where the hell you get that from? I see that most of the time you let your imagination run too wild. You always have to come up with some racial bs ! From what I see, is " whoever has more money is the one that think it is better" regardess of color. I got light skin, anyone been kissing my arse in DR? I'm just the same as brown skin Juanito next door driving his jeepeta.
Stop being so paranoid and raciallizing everything people say here.

Last edited:

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Nal0whs said:
-BTW, you missed one more questions from the one's I posted, and this is one of the most important ones. The what are the plans Haitians have for a progressive Haiti or something on those lines. Scroll to the post where I presented the questions and respond from there.

Thank you in advance.

I would love to hear the answer to the above, these pseudo-intellectuals always have comments to make about who's fault everything is, but have no answers for anything and much less are doing anything to help.

FYI: sitting at a computer in the US and "reading" about what happens on this island and solving issues from your desk does not cut it.

Go to Haiti and make a difference, or if you are Dominican come down and put your money where your mouth is. Sorry, sending $100/month to your cousin Yolanda does not count, when you actually have something to lose here than we can talk.

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
haitians are also racist. haitians have all kinds of nonsensical names to describe darker-skinned individuals. i think that some dominicans are white and many latin people are also white. some individuals are refusing to admit that some dominicans are white due perhaps to some internalized complex of inferiority. Accepting that some dominicans are white will not in any objective way diminish your own own humanity. some dominicans are phenotypically whiter than portuguese and jews. some people are claiming that the true white are the ones with blue and blonde hair which is nonsensical because these characterics are resulted from recessive genes expression and as such cannot represent the prototype of the caucasoid human subgroup.
it is not the whiteness of dominicans that i am against, but rather their illusion. i could care less whether all dominicans are white or mixed. what matters is the state of mind, particularly when the subject in question is mixed. one cannot be mixed and rejects either part of the self. a gray who is pumping its black or white out will no longer be gray.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
observer keen said:
haitians are also racist. haitians have all kinds of nonsensical names to describe darker-skinned individuals. i think that some dominicans are white and many latin people are also white. some individuals are refusing to admit that some dominicans are white due perhaps to some internalized complex of inferiority. Accepting that some dominicans are white will not in any objective way diminish your own own humanity. some dominicans are phenotypically whiter than portuguese and jews. some people are claiming that the true white are the ones with blue and blonde hair which is nonsensical because these characterics are resulted from recessive genes expression and as such cannot represent the prototype of the caucasoid human subgroup.
it is not the whiteness of dominicans that i am against, but rather their illusion. i could care less whether all dominicans are white or mixed. what matters is the state of mind, particularly when the subject in question is mixed. one cannot be mixed and rejects either part of the self. a gray who is pumping its black or white out will no longer be gray.
Perhaps we were on the same page the entire time, but simply had a misunderstanding.

If you read my posts, you will notice that I am for people admiring and learning about their entire culture (tri-culture in the case of DR), not just one or the other.

The problem is that on DR1, some people only point to the African, others only point to the european, and (to balance everything) I present the often neglected Taino heritage.

Blend all three together, you get Dominican culture with no strings attached.

-NAL

PS. For those of you who wonder why I keep posting while others present me some seriously insulting, degrading, and disrespectful moments. It all has to do with the ultimate goal, to balance the views on this board so the reader can get a balanced understanding of what being a Dominican and the Dominican Republic is truly about. I will continue to do this even if it means that people will demonize my screen name and read all of my post with a predetermined negative slant. I prefer to be unjustly considered wrong, evil, or not in the best interest of the people than leave misinformatoin and partial information of my country predominate in any thread.

Some people use this against me (ie. they claim I only indulge in one particular aspect of the culture while neglect the other), but I don't take their attacks too seriously because I am simply bringing to light what they have been neglecting in their posts about this country. Notice, in threads where the debating issue is more balanced, I hardly, if ever, post. However, go into threads where only one side of the story is present and you will see my posts presenting the other side.

Some people don't like when I do such thing, but being fair even when its not in your best interests is my motto. If people were to neglect the African or the European aspect of Dominican society, I would have been revealing those aspects in such posts. Nothing more, nothing less.

-NAL

Last edited:

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
:) my postings would use interrogative form when the issue at hand is doubtful.
the history of both parts of the island have been purposedly emotionalized so the dominant groups would take advantage of the masses' weakness. i am for a meritocratic society where talents and functional values would determine social promotion or demotion. i am not anti-elitist, but rather i am against any system that would reward or punish on the basis of existential circumstances that are beyond the control of the concerned individuals.
do you know that the haitian occupation of DR was more protective than it was exploitative? later expeditions such as those of soulouque were intended to undermine your independence, but that of boyer was implicily requested by fellow dominican brothers as a way to protect their economic interests from the predatory hands of spain. do you know that santana had requested that spain reoccupy your land? toussaint had to free the slaves! by doing that, he was not being ungrateful to the spaniards, but rather more committed to the ideal of freedom. the constitution of toussaint for the entire island abolished race-based status. the trade in santo domingo was far more prosperous during the semi-autonomous occupation, than it had ever been under the spanish banner. the truth is brother, the french and the spaniards had made spawns out of us; and the more we hate each other, the dumber we will remain; for hatred does not enhance but rather weaken us.
i had remained very confident that the day will come when our superficial differences will make way for the universality of human reason on both sides of "QUIESKEYA OR BOYO".

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
and the more we hate each other, the dumber we will remain; for hatred does not enhance but rather weaken us.
i had remained very confident that the day will come when our superficial differences will make way for the universality of human reason on both sides of "QUIESKEYA OR BOYO".

Dominicans can handle our own " Louis XVI-type nobility" by ourselves. That is not Haitians' or anybody else's concern. Poor Dominicans not allowing their country to get " Haitianized" is not " hating Haitians" or " getting manipulated by " racist, nazi elites". Please make sure not to get confused there. If Haiti didn't exist, the situation of the island wasn't going to be that different.

In what I agree with the ngo's is to give a humane treatment to Haitians and respect their human rights. But in what I don't agree with them is to " grant citizenship to all Haitians in DR territory, or the ones born there.

No jus soli for Haitians. DR cannot turn into " East Haiti". comprende?

Last edited:

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
What Does "no Jus Soli" Mean? I Am Not Advocating A Geo-political Unification But Rather A Socio-economic Entente. Why Do You Have To Be So Antagonistic For The Sake Of Antagonistism? I Am Not Interested In Acquiring A Dominican Wife, Nor Am I Interested In Darkening Your Nation. You Need To Know That Santo Domingo Was Intended As A Colony Of Exploitation, Not Of Spanish Settlement( Such As Uruguay Or Argentina); For Instance, During The Slavery Era, Santo Domingo Had 10 African Slaves For Each European Master. What Had Happened To The African Poupulation?
1) Your Country Had Undertaken Two Stages Of Systematic Europeenization In The Twentieth Century Alone Against The Descendents Of Slaves Could Not Compete.

2) Poverty Means High "infant Mortality Rate", And "Short Life-expectancy".

These Two Historical Facts Suggest What I Would Call " Passive Ethnic Cleansing"
It Is Worth Noting That I Have Used The Adjective "passive", That Is The Decline Of The Black Population In The DR Is Due To Negligence And Indifference On The Part Of The DR's Traditional Governments. notice that I Am Not Talking About Haitians, I Am Talking about "The African Slaves" Who Had Toiled The Dominican Soil For The Profits Of Spanish Merchants, but were allowed to dwindle in numbers for the above reasons which certainly have their roots in racism. people may have forgotten, we are not far from the literature of kippling and shockley. the world has been watching people of african ancestry through a totally distorting prism which would transform "equal human beings" into "caricatures".

Last edited:

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
observer keen said:
What Does "no Jus Soli" Mean? I Am Not Advocating A Geo-political Unification But Rather A Socio-economic Entente. Why Do You Have To Be So Antagonistic For The Sake Of Antagonistism? I Am Not Interested In Acquiring A Dominican Wife, Nor Am I Interested In Darkening Your Nation. You Need To Know That Santo Domingo Was Intended As A Colony Of Exploitation, Not Of Spanish Settlement( Such As Uruguay Or Argentina); For Instance, During The Slavery Era, Santo Domingo Had 10 African Slaves For Each European Master. What Had Happened To The African Poupulation?
1) Your Country Had Undertaken Two Stages Of Systematic Europeenization In The Twentieth Century Alone Against The Descendents Of Slaves Could Not Compete.

2) Poverty Means High "infant Mortality Rate", And "Short Life-expectancy".

These Two Historical Facts Suggest What I Would Call " Passive Ethnic Cleansing"
It Is Worth Noting That I Have Used The Adjective "passive", That Is The Decline Of The Black Population In The DR Is Due To Negligence And Indifference On The Part Of The DR's Traditional Governments. notice that I Am Not Talking About Haitians, I Am Talking about "The African Slaves" Who Had Toiled The Dominican Soil For The Profits Of Spanish Merchants, but were allowed to dwindle in numbers for the above reasons which certainly have their roots in racism. people may have forgotten, we are not far from the literature of kippling and shockley. the world has been watching people of african ancestry through a totally distorting prism which would transform "equal human beings" into "caricatures".

Why are you bringing up some crap from colonial era? What that has to do with the " Haitianization of DR" today?

How many " light skin Dominicans are around nowadays"? Did all of them where slave owners?? My family are Northeners,and working class. That means, they worked the land themselves. Only rich could afford a slave, besides, slavery was in the South. It seems that in your prejudice and racist mind, every " white dominican" is a descendant of " slave owners, oppressors".

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
no offense, how do you process information!

we are not speaking the same language! i am wondering through what prism are you reading my postings? you have gone along a tangent, my friend!
you are too emotional to be analytical! i was talking about about socio-historical societies. i am not a racist. i am a member of human spectrum in new york city.
your accusations are baseless!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.