the dominican lie beware ex pats

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Dominicans are just the most ignorant, undereducated people on earth. I'm absolutely appalled at people that graduate high school and college yet still are illiterate.

Then you have the so-called elite of Santiago lol all you need is to bring $1000 to the DR and live like royalty.

Didn't Thomas Edison create electricity in the 1800's? and it's 2008 and they still haven't figured it out???

DR is great because it is exploitable, if that weren't the case we would all be going to Puerto Rico..

Admit it.

Where to begin?

Yes! I admit that Dominicans are grossly uneducated in comparison to the developed world and civilized nations, but then again, I'd lived in most of the developed world and found many have lost any resemblance to a human civilization; they have exchanged human contact for machines that pretty much do all that is needed for them.

Now those same "educated" cultures are at the mercy of nature. A real bitch when you try to fool with her around...
The vast majority of Europe's rivers are just channels to transport stuff, not gather drinking water from them mind you...

The plumbing in the UK is alive and will suck you into the pipes if not careful in many places. Livestock in Germany is so stuffed with antibiotics and other crap, that you don't know if it's beef you're eating or the mass of living stuff they put into them.

In Italy, they got garbage up to their necks in all places, upscale included...

In France, a tourist or non-French is treated like varmint...

In Japan, if you don't make a real effort to become the last Samurai as you step in the country, you soon will tell the difference between their natural slanted eyes and the eyes of disapproval looking at you...

In Spain, Ole!!! Hombre! Sos una mierda!

Yes indeed, I admit we're very little educated in contrast to that which you have come to understand as "developed".

But then again... You can't even BUY your way into the elite of Santiago with all your foreign currency and education...

The bulk of expats that make their lives in the DR will come in contact many times with many people, but seldom cross paths with elites in their day to day activities.

Let me explain:
Donald Trump is a millionaire with education (yes/no?). Yet Trump and all his money (allowing for most of the real estate to be paid for, which is not) still comes short to MANY people in Santiago that constitutes the Elite.

But you see, we're uneducated people to your level of culture...
That's why a good 85% of big biz in the DR is owned by Dominicans! Since we lack the proper education and courtesy of your culture, we hog as much as we can from the table into our hands...

The last time I had the same light discussion above this opinion of yours, Carlos Piantini made the remark of any good insolent, uneducated Dominican and said "Ese es un baboso"... Truly an unrefined man to your standards of education and finesse...

Now on the issue of figuring out electricity, is better said that you're a newcomer to this country and have little knowledge of the inner workings.

Let me try and enlighten you here: Ever since the first jolt of electricity made its way to a light bulb in the DR, the Dominican gov paid the bill for 3/4 of the country that couldn't afford it to begin with. The rest of us that could handle the price got billed to cry for.

Still to this day, the gov keeps the subsidy to this industry; the subsidy allows the poor to be able to watch TV, iron the clothes and listen to the radio. All basic signs of modernity. If the gov dropped the subsidy for the power generating companies, the actual bill would be a slap in the face opening an invitation to a duel for both clients and utility company...

People come into the DR and after spending some months/years think they have it all figured it out, not!

The DR was founded by cattle ranchers, land owners with vast farms, sugarcane barons and whatnot. The people that populated the city were just as spoiled brats as they may come. The traditions of dressing your best garbs on Sundays to stroll the parks and paseos were the common thing to do.

The people of the DR always made good money, being the country a good exporter of goods to Europe and the entire American continent. The best families sent kids to Europe's best schools and lavish parties where the norm to society in both cities of SD and Santiago.

The cattle ranchers, sugarcane barons and others, amassed huge wealth and stuck to their little speck in the Caribbean instead of moving to other developed countries of the time.

The wealth has been passed down fro then on. Many families of Santiago are still settled in the same houses they lived all their lives. Many live in secluded areas in the campos while others do so within the city itself.

Wealth is money enough that you couldn't become poor even if you wanted to... Your kids will attend the same schools that their kids attend and if lucky,
could make friends with them.

But you see, this is where it gets funny! Dominicans for the most part, shun away from the celebrity and wealth status that most foreigners tend to associate elite classes in their home countries with.

Our kids will attend school with all the other kids, which parent can afford to send to private schools. No fancy "elegantarian" schools...

Is called love for their country and culture!

Our colleges lack nothing in comparison to those in the developed world, what we lack is development of the private industry sector. One that has been dormant for ages, since very little could affect their control over the market until now.

It's the private sector that contributes so that advances are made in short term and colleges adjust to those needs in return.

Take the IT educational system, even in the US and Europe the colleges are lacking greatly in meeting the technological needs of the industry, mostly due to the accelerated pace in which advances are done within the industry.

The DR will do just as those other countries have done so far; meet the needs of the internal industry as the industry sets the pace of innovation in the classrooms.

Exploitation is what the Dominicans are doing to the foreign investors that see the culture and underestimate the regular folk as second class to them. Not knowing that we're the same people that got off the boats and traded mirrors for gold... Today we use a better mirror that needs not to be pushed for the trade to take place. It just needs to be seen with the crystal clear waters overlapping the coast...

Just imagine if indeed, we took the initiative to market the country to the world with real funds to push the boundaries?!?

But they still come and leave behind their gold and take with them the memories of our beautiful sun drenched beaches with heavenly sands...

Yes indeed! We're a gross people!

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Where to begin?

Yes! I admit that Dominicans are grossly uneducated in comparison to the developed world and civilized nations, but then again, I'd lived in most of the developed world and found many have lost any resemblance to a human civilization; they have exchanged human contact for machines that pretty much do all that is needed for them.

Now those same "educated" cultures are at the mercy of nature. A real bitch when you try to fool with her around...
The vast majority of Europe's rivers are just channels to transport stuff, not gather drinking water from them mind you...

The plumbing in the UK is alive and will suck you into the pipes if not careful in many places. Livestock in Germany is so stuffed with antibiotics and other crap, that you don't know if it's beef you're eating or the mass of living stuff they put into them.

In Japan, if you don't make a real effort to become the last Samurai as you step in the country, you soon will tell the difference between their natural slanted eyes and the eyes of disapproval looking at you...

Yes indeed, I admit we're very little educated in contrast to that which you have come to understand as "developed".

But then again... You can't even BUY your way into the elite of Santiago with all your foreign currency and education...

The bulk of expats that make their lives in the DR will come in contact many times with many people, but seldom cross paths with elites in their day to day activities.

Let me explain:
Donald Trump is a millionaire with education (yes/no?). Yet Trump and all his money (allowing for most of the real estate to be paid for, which is not) still comes short to MANY people in Santiago that constitutes the Elite.

That's why a good 85% of big biz in the DR is owned by Dominicans! Since we lack the proper education and courtesy of your culture, we hog as much as we can from the table into our hands...

The last time I had the same light discussion above this opinion of yours, Carlos Piantini made the remark of any good insolent, uneducated Dominican and said "Ese es un baboso"... Truly an unrefined man to your standards of education and finesse...

Now on the issue of figuring out electricity, is better said that you're a newcomer to this country and have little knowledge of the inner workings.

Let me try and enlighten you here: Ever since the first jolt of electricity made its way to a light bulb in the DR, the Dominican gov paid the bill for 3/4 of the country that couldn't afford it to begin with. The rest of us that could handle the price got billed to cry for.

Still to this day, the gov keeps the subsidy to this industry; the subsidy allows the poor to be able to watch TV, iron the clothes and listen to the radio. All basic signs of modernity. If the gov dropped the subsidy for the power generating companies, the actual bill would be a slap in the face opening an invitation to a duel for both clients and utility company...

People come into the DR and after spending some months/years think they have it all figured it out, not!

The DR was founded by cattle ranchers, land owners with vast farms, sugarcane barons and whatnot. The people that populated the city were just as spoiled brats as they may come. The traditions of dressing your best garbs on Sundays to stroll the parks and paseos were the common thing to do.

The people of the DR always made good money, being the country a good exporter of goods to Europe and the entire American continent. The best families sent kids to Europe's best schools and lavish parties where the norm to society in both cities of SD and Santiago.

The cattle ranchers, sugarcane barons and others, amassed huge wealth and stuck to their little speck in the Caribbean instead of moving to other developed countries of the time.

The wealth has been passed down fro then on. Many families of Santiago are still settled in the same houses they lived all their lives. Many live in secluded areas in the campos while others do so within the city itself.

Wealth is money enough that you couldn't become poor even if you wanted to... Your kids will attend the same schools that their kids attend and if lucky,

But you see, this is where it gets funny! Dominicans for the most part, shun away from the celebrity and wealth status that most foreigners tend to associate elite classes in their home countries with.

Our kids will attend school with all the other kids, which parent can afford to send to private schools. No fancy "elegantarian" schools...

Our colleges lack nothing in comparison to those in the developed world, what we lack is development of the private industry sector. One that has been dormant for ages, since very little could affect their control over the market until now.

It's the private sector that contributes so that advances are made in short term and colleges adjust to those needs in return.

Take the IT educational system, even in the US and Europe the colleges are lacking greatly in meeting the technological needs of the industry, mostly due to the accelerated pace in which advances are done within the industry.

The DR will do just as those other countries have done so far; meet the needs of the internal industry as the industry sets the pace of innovation in the classrooms.

Exploitation is what the Dominicans are doing to the foreign investors that see the culture and underestimate the regular folk as second class to them. Not knowing that we're the same people that got off the boats and traded mirrors for gold... Today we use a better mirror that needs not to be pushed for the trade to take place. It just needs to be seen with the crystal clear waters overlapping the coast...

Just imagine if indeed, we took the initiative to market the country to the world with real funds to push the boundaries?!?

But they still come and leave behind their gold and take with them the memories of our beautiful sun drenched beaches with heavenly sands...

After my ten year exposure to this country and to its people I`d totally agree that dominicans in many respects are much more intelligent, human, honest, smart,generous, noble and proud than those who call and consider themselves their masters as well as owners and rulers of the entire planet.

Mar 2, 2008
Hear, hear, Picardo.

Well spoken and true. You said what I was trying to say, but you said it much better than I could, and in the perfect tone. Good for you.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Pichardo, You deserve a standing ovation. Well said. Good points and the well-deserved pride shines through. Aplauso.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
I agree that a lot of Dominicans are ignorant and undereducated. Those who make it to the top forget about the country growth and important issues like medical care and education etc. I don't believe that DR is a poor country, it just that a few people on top is holding on to the gold pot. About that $1000 dollars ? It won?t take you far in DR, that's a few weeks worth of gasoline.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Dominicans are just the most ignorant, undereducated people on earth. I'm absolutely appalled at people that graduate high school and college yet still are illiterate.

Then you have the so-called elite of Santiago lol all you need is to bring $1000 to the DR and live like royalty.

Didn't Thomas Edison create electricity in the 1800's? and it's 2008 and they still haven't figured it out???

DR is great because it is exploitable, if that weren't the case we would all be going to Puerto Rico..

Admit it.

Is this the translation to what he wrote? :ermm:

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
Dear Pichardo,

You made an excellent point, but I can not agree with everything you said. You sound like a very educated person and that's admirable! Keep up the good work

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
Yes, the beaches are great. Cheap living? I guess if you like eating plato tipicos and drinking skunky beer, but if you expect the same quality of life in the states, get ready for a shock! Living in paradise takes a toll on your pacience, sanity, and sense of decency and justice in a society. If you want decent stuff, i.e. gringo type products, get ready to pay. It is a trade off.

How do I know? I have lived here for two years, and just bought my one way ticket home. I lived in Santo Domingo, a disgrace of a city and obviously less desirable than the north coast or Cap Cana.

After two years, I am still stunned and shocked at the total lack of common sense, decency, rudeness, and stupidity of Dominicans. I have traveled extensively through Latin America, and Dominicans, regretably are at the bottom of the food chain in Latin America. Where do I start? No common sense? poorly educated? Speak the equivilent of Spanish ebonics? Lack of social responsibity? Corruption? Infrastructure that Africans would laugh at?

I think a place like Cabarete or Cap Cana would have been a better fit in retrospect. I also think some of the ex-pats like the element of living in a broken country. It has a sense of danger and element of the unknown.

I like hassle free living. I don't feel like dealing with the idiot motoconcho who crashes into me while driving on the wrong side of the street with no headlight, is injured, and then asks me for me for money. Then I looked like the a-hole when I said hell no.

Picardo, interesting post, and I learned a few things from it. But you make the elite of Santiago sound like Camelot! Come on man!

Let me explain:
[/I]

This is likely one of my last posts- I've used this board mainly as a vent, and truthfuly, I haven't said anything that we all haven't heard 1000 times before! But I do beleive what I said about the culture here, despite giving this place so many second chances. Disaster......

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
Yes, the beaches are great. Cheap living? I guess if you like eating plato tipicos and drinking skunky beer, but if you expect the same quality of life in the states, get ready for a shock! Living in paradise takes a toll on your pacience, sanity, and sense of decency and justice in a society. If you want decent stuff, i.e. gringo type products, get ready to pay. It is a trade off.

How do I know? I have lived here for two years, and just bought my one way ticket home. I lived in Santo Domingo, a disgrace of a city and obviously less desirable than the north coast or Cap Cana.

After two years, I am still stunned and shocked at the total lack of common sense, decency, rudeness, and stupidity of Dominicans. I have traveled extensively through Latin America, and Dominicans, regretably are at the bottom of the food chain in Latin America. Where do I start? No common sense? poorly educated? Speak the equivilent of Spanish ebonics? Lack of social responsibity? Corruption? Infrastructure that Africans would laugh at?

I think a place like Cabarete or Cap Cana would have been a better fit in retrospect. I also think some of the ex-pats like the element of living in a broken country. It has a sense of danger and element of the unknown.

I like hassle free living. I don't feel like dealing with the idiot motoconcho who crashes into me while driving on the wrong side of the street with no headlight, is injured, and then asks me for me for money. Then I looked like the a-hole when I said hell no.

Picardo, interesting post, and I learned a few things from it. But you make the elite of Santiago sound like Camelot! Come on man!

Let me explain:
[/I]

This is likely one of my last posts- I've used this board mainly as a vent, and truthfuly, I haven't said anything that we all haven't heard 1000 times before! But I do beleive what I said about the culture here, despite giving this place so many second chances. Disaster......

DR and its people are a disgrace and its infrastructure is absolutely shameful. If the people are so humble and progressive then those that do get the opportunity to live in the USA or Abroad don't live in the absolutely horrific conditions weighing down the Welfare system.

The Dominican Male is an abomination that should be bound, gagged and stoned on sight. Best job they can get is riding a their filth machines or their 1982 Toyota Camry's as a taxi.

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
Where to begin?

Let me explain:

I think that you are over romanticizing the DR. Are you saying that all those motoconchos or people that live in the wood houses really are intelligent and are playing the fool to exploit the tourist??

They all have mirrors waiting to trade them all for good, that they are strong proud people that were dominated by the Haitians??

Who really cares about what some Santiago Elite thinks about anything. It's like a lion prancing around for being king of his corner of the cage.

DR is a great place to find great bed wenches, a few nice beaches and cheap accommodation...nothing more nothing less.

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
Dear Pichardo,

You made an excellent point, but I can not agree with everything you said. You sound like a very educated person and that's admirable! Keep up the good work

He tried his best to make it seem like DR is just a sleeping giant with a proud history that just needs to flip the switch and be great..

Thats just delusion.

Any country that was dominated by Haiti should be ashamed. It's almost like Mexicans in between burrito bites waging war and taking over the US.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I think that you are over romanticizing the DR. Are you saying that all those motoconchos or people that live in the wood houses really are intelligent and are playing the fool to exploit the tourist??

They all have mirrors waiting to trade them all for good, that they are strong proud people that were dominated by the Haitians??

Who really cares about what some Santiago Elite thinks about anything. It's like a lion prancing around for being king of his corner of the cage.

DR is a great place to find great bed wenches, a few nice beaches and cheap accommodation...nothing more nothing less.

So , you prefer to live in a society where everything is prohibited and banned,

where all best beaches are "private property" of super rich, well-connected and priviliged,

where people 24 hours think and talk only about repaying loans and how not to get tickets or charges for every little move in life,

where even at a thought of sex you are hit with sting operation,

where five big oil companies are allowed to rape the whole population without any limits,

where tens of thousands of scared,humiliated and obedient rats spend hours every day in heavy traffic when a 20 year old cop just decides for his pleasure to close a lane or two on a highway in rush hour,

where the worst mortal sin and crime is just to be a healthy potent man?

So you really prefer this kind of life just because of a better infrastructure and higher educational level of other rats in the race? Serious?
OK then.
But there are men to whom personal freedom is more important than a nice house in Bronxville and a cool MeBe in the garage. And men of this type go to DR. Even trading their S500`s for motoconchos in the process.

Believe it or not!

Tastes differ.

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
So , you prefer to live in a society where everything is prohibited and banned,

where all best beaches are "private property" of super rich, well-connected and priviliged,

where people 24 hours think and talk only about repaying loans and how not to get tickets or charges for every little move in life,

where even at a thought of sex you are hit with sting operation,

where five big oil companies are allowed to rape the whole population without any limits,

where tens of thousands of scared,humiliated and obedient rats spend hours every day in heavy traffic when a 20 year old cop just decides for his pleasure to close a lane or two on a highway in rush hour,

where the worst mortal sin and crime is just to be a healthy potent man?

So you really prefer this kind of life just because of a better infrastructure and higher educational level of other rats in the race? Serious?
OK then.
But there are men to whom personal freedom is more important than a nice house in Bronxville and a cool MeBe in the garage. And men of this type go to DR. Even trading their S500`s for motoconchos in the process.

Believe it or not!

Tastes differ.

Freedom...Hmmm freedom you say...I feel freer and more powerful when I'm in the DR because there, money goes a long way and any problem is resolved with greasing a few palms.

A friend of mine flunked the equivalent of the 10th grade, so I gave the teacher 1500 pesos to have her moved to the next grade. Another person that I am close with joined the Military and we paid 10,000 pesos to have her immediately elevated to a higher rank. Without even bothering with basic training.

So to me a I am middle class in the states, I am one of those people stuck in those traffic jams and hiding my car from the Tow trucks because I owe tickets.

But You know these past elections in the US has given me hope that things can and will change for the better..It's not just the blind hope for change, because in the USA there is the infrastructure in place to make lives better.

In the DR yes, life is more free but it has its tradeoffs. The majority of Domincans first thought in the morning is how they can get over on the next person..thats every minute of every day.

The daily grind of abuse, disorder and flagrant ignorance takes its toll after a while. Nothing is ever easy, there is never one set price, there is always some scam.

So in DR things won't change because there isn't the proper infrastructure in place, nor do they have the goods to be self sufficient.

In DR I can buy a beach front property for a manageable sum, have maids, bodyguards and have police and judges in my back pocket for lil money.

I have a late model car in the states, but when I'm in DR I just love riding with the novia on the motorcylcle or the pasola.

So in essence, we all come to DR because our money goes farther..If not we'd go to Panama or Puerto Rico. We tolerate enough of the garbage the goes on until the cost savings and ego stroking just dont make it worth it anymore.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I'm not throwing my hat in the ring with this cat, but he does make some points that are difficult to argue with about certain aspects of the DR.

I was going to write him off completely but hey, this guy sounds like AZB in reverse.

So for all of you "respectable dominican" bandwagon hoppers, I guess getting a taste of your own medicine isn't pleasant, is it? ;)

Mar 2, 2008
The thing is, anyone can extrapolate a few facts or quasi-facts, and come to a very illogical conclusion. Mr. Manigault is doing just that, only he is doing so purposefully.

He took a couple lines from the rant thread, added a dash of hyperbole, and blended with a touch of pretentious concession he hopes will pass for objectivity. He then half-baked this mess, and served it with a coating of sugar to disguise its true intent. He truely believes we will just swallow this crap and ask for more.

In fact, it is the same racist garbage he and a few of his friends have putting out there recently. While his buddies (or perhaps he in other troll forms) take on the roles of ignorant red necks, Mr. Mani gault assumes a role of the kinder, gentler hate-monger, so that he might look good by comparison.

Earth to Mani-pulator, it didn't work.

If he weren't so egocentric he might realize how transparent he actually is. While his attempt to spew haterd probably get over on the inbred sub-humanoids where he comes from, he is simply not up to the task here.

I'm sure he'll be back, with a new name and new tactics, but he will never have the genetic composition to be successful. He just doesn't possess the breding it takes to pull it off.

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
Oh Dear

:pirate:

You don't need an Ark, just your raincoat and your ambrella ;).

To the OP at least we don't need to be worry that crazies Muslims boarding buses and blow themselves up here in the DR.

we may have to deal with trivial things like robbery, indecency and poverty, but so does everysingle country on Earth, this is a peaceful nation, and it will stay like that, with no Terrorist terrorizing the country.

Trivial things my friend to YOU but not to the people who suffer it day in and day out!

The climate is probably the worst thing about the UK, if it were 1000 miles further to the south then I doubt very much most of the UK expats would be here.
Crazy Muslims ...well if someone generalised about Dominicans in the same way you would be fighting each other to shoot the poster off the boards.. Terrorist incidents happen all over the world and normally involve a minority trying to force a majority to accept unacceptable views......the examples for this are already here in the DR with the corruption and bribary and injustices that are played out every day on the Dominican people. The minority forcing the majority to accept their views and ideas.

What you do have in the DR is rampant inequality and injustice, poverty equal to some bad parts of Africa. Appalling death rates and low birth survival rates. So before you take a swing at other countries like UK or USA reflect on what exactly it is they have that three quarters of the world are so desperate to have....(must be a reason for the levels of illegal immigration)

As for some of the Ex Pats here ......some are misfits even here but can't return as they are either wanted by the authorities back home, have no money to go home, could not get a job back home, their pensions would not allow them to live as they do here. Funny how some who have never had any need for a cleaner suddenly decide they now require domestic staff like some demented landed gentry living in a dream world.

When you talk to the educated and knowlegable Dominicans they know this country is living on the edge most of the time and could easily go good or bad. Should the wrong people get into the positions of power and influence this country could become a very different place for most people. This is not a peaceful country as some would have you believe if you are middle to lower working class in this country its a constant battle with those who want to take what you have and those who would just take your life.

I could walk along the the beach in Brighton at 3.00 am with my friends in England and not worry about being attacked or murdered (done it many many many times walking home from a club or a good night out) but I would never try it here in Boca Chica or Caberete. Sure everywhere has crime but as a proportion of the population UK is very low compared to DR (63 million people live in UK 230 million in USA compared with 9 million in DR) there are more children under 16 in UK than there are People living on this island including Haiti.

Ever wondered what would happen to the DR when Cuba becomes more accessible to the tourist and ex pats where will the rich from Miami buy their villas and condos?????

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Make love, not war.

The Dominican Male is an abomination that should be bound, gagged and stoned on sight.
The place is just too good of a bargain to turn down.. I can have my ego stroked on the cheap.
I love having a servant for 2,000 pesos a month.
Dominicans are just the most ignorant, undereducated people on earth.
DR is great because it is exploitable
he does make some points that are difficult to argue with about certain aspects of the DR.
So for all of you "respectable dominican" bandwagon hoppers, I guess getting a taste of your own medicine isn't pleasant, is it? ;)
How do I know? I have lived here for two years, and just bought my one way ticket home
This is likely one of my last posts- I've used this board mainly as a vent, and truthfuly, I haven't said anything that we all haven't heard 1000 times before!
.it sadens me to look at here and so much is ignored.why money is why dominicans think money first forget loyaltiy dsnt matter who you are .

It's clear that all of you have deep rooted problems that have absolutely nothing to do with the DR.
I am not capable nor qualified to help in any way, nor do I feel any strong desire to do so.
My initial reaction is to lash out at you, but it would be the wrong reaction and unfair to you.
To this day, I still regret the day I caught a fellow stealing my dog, and when I caught up to him and stupidly asked him what he thought he was doing, he blurted out some mumbo jumbo unintelligible garbage, at which point I could no longer contain myself, and I proceeded to smack him out.
Upon my return with my dog in hand, I was greeted by some friends who informed me that the fellow was the local retard, who everybody took advantage of, including bilking him out of his money, when he would receive his welfare checque.
So... I'd just beaten up a defenseless retard.
Just telling this story makes me cringe in shame and gives me a nauseous sensation in my belly.

I ask you fellow DR1 members to leave these fellows alone and not further exacerbate their problems.
I know it's difficult to tolerate them unjustly maligning Dominicans, but arguing, attempting to reason with, or attacking them is futile and counter productive.
Should the powers that be decide to delete or ban them all, then so be it, but in the meantime, we are not doing them or ourselves any favours by responding to them.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
The DR is a beautiful country with its potentials and its problems. Like it or dislike it that's your choise but remember this: A hot sunset on a terras, with a fresh aqua de coco with rum and sugar and all the problems of today and tomorrow are gone.

Greetings

Johan

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
" Hey, there're all walking out of the show"

Instead of showing him the door all you guys need to do is: Take his lectern away and pull the stage from out of his feet. Don't you know he LOVES the audience? What happens when the audience walks out of the theather??

Can't you hear the silence?