The DR is better than Florida?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Florida vs. the D.R.:

Jacksonville, Florida, is the birthplace of Southern Rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, etc...).

The D.R. has given the world no-talent Dembow acts, el Doctor Fadul, and José Laluz, and hundreds of uninformed loudmouths on radio, TV, and social networks.

So, it's Florida by a long shot.
They say the 007 guy is inspired on Porfirio Rubirosa…

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Spent about 6 weeks in Melbourne Florida back in 2004 on a course at DRS Technologies. Loved the place, went golfing in Kissimmee and Orlando, all expenses paid...etc.
I notice the “love the place” doesn’t extends to Kissimmee and Orlando. Playing golf in the middle of the day during the very long summer is only for the brave. With the excessive heat + the excessive humidity + the always hot wind, it’s a miracle no one melts. It does makes sense why all the locals are quick to go inside somewhere!

The DR never feels as humid and the wind never feels hot at any time of the year.

Melbourne is slightly different with the humidity and the wind. Foing from Orlando to Cocoa Beach and then back to Orlando, you feel the difference simply by stepping our of the car. They should rename Orlando “The Oven.”

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I notice the “love the place” doesn’t extends to Kissimmee and Orlando. Playing golf in the middle of the day during the very long summer is only for the brave. With the excessive heat + the excessive humidity + the always hot wind, it’s a miracle no one melts. It does makes sense why all the locals are quick to go inside somewhere!

The DR never feels as humid and the wind never feels hot at any time of the year.

Melbourne is slightly different with the humidity and the wind. Foing from Orlando to Cocoa Beach and then back to Orlando, you feel the difference simply by stepping our of the car. They should rename Orlando “The Oven.”
Definitely is humid, with water and big reptiles everywhere.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I grew up in Zephyrhills. Pop 5000 during the summer, 50000 during the winter. We didn't care for the snowbirds, they made life insupportable at times.

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

eafanduiz

Nov 9, 2023
Miami
This American says it is based on his experience. This is the first time I hear someone (that isn’t Dominican) say the DR is better than Fl.

This guy says he's not being paid to promote DR, I don't believe it. I've followed him for some time but didn't like some of his political views so I unfollowed him. I support unbiased positive opinions of DR but not sure I trust him anymore. I think he has an agenda..

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I grew up in Zephyrhills. Pop 5000 during the summer, 50000 during the winter. We didn't care for the snowbirds, they made life insupportable at times.
although your use of vocabulary, according to MW, etc al., is technically correct; and understanding in Espany they use "soportable" and "insoportable", unbearable is most likely a better fit. Insupportable, when something more or less cannot be substantiated by facts.
Again, technically you are correct

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

Big

Apr 24, 2019
although your use of vocabulary, according to MW, etc al., is technically correct; and understanding in Espany they use "soportable" and "insoportable", unbearable is most likely a better fit. Insupportable, when something more or less cannot be substantiated by facts.
maybe he was being nice. Many "snowbirds" are from Canada, and he dint want to use "cheap" aka "tight wad"

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Right. That too.

Reactions: Bucketowater47

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What I like about the DR is that there aren't too many Americans. Florida seems to be full of em!
It's also full of Cubans, Venezuelans, Puerto Ricans, Haitians, Jamaicans, Mexicans and in addition to all of them Yanks... us Rednecks.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Florida vs. the D.R.:

Jacksonville, Florida, is the birthplace of Southern Rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, etc...).

The D.R. has given the world no-talent Dembow acts, el Doctor Fadul, and José Laluz, and hundreds of uninformed loudmouths on radio, TV, and social networks.

So, it's Florida by a long shot.
Florida > DR
North Carolina >> Florida
#nodiddy

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Give it a try, I do not go to DR as much thanks to Marco Island. Definitely a beautiful place
I lived just north of you outside of Naples for over 20 yrs. after my parents immigrated from Bermuda to the US. My sister has over 50 yrs in the same area. I say outside because only retirees and snowbirds live in Naples. The coast line from Bonita Springs to Marco Island is to die for, and the cost to live there is well worth it.

Reactions: livio