The drought is here to stay - The UN has spoken

B

bob saunders

i don't think mother nature gives a flying f*ck what some dildo on a right wing fake news website thinks.
i myself don't care, why should she? i use an irrefutable source, my own eyes.

Blind in one eye, can't see out of the other. Only in your world is NASA a right wing fake news site. You are correct on one thing Mother nature does what she's going to do, and there isn't anything we can do about it except irrigate or climb to higher ground, depending on the weather at the time.

C

chico bill

Blind in one eye, can't see out of the other. Only in your world is NASA a right wing fake news site. You are correct on one thing Mother nature does what she's going to do, and there isn't anything we can do about it except irrigate or climb to higher ground, depending on the weather at the time.
Maybe for him Greta is more attuned with climate than NASA ?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

B

bob saunders

I see clear skies for the first time since this news regarding the "here to stay drought" was announced. It has rained every day since. Polishing up the clubs now for a nooner.

It rained so hard in Jarabacoa in the afternoon yesterday that water was spurting out of storm sewer openings. Had children stuck at the school until after 6 pm due to the streets being rivers.

A

AlterEgo

i don't think mother nature gives a flying f*ck what some dildo on a right wing fake news website thinks.

Your language is unacceptable, clean it up if you want to continue posting. The only reason I didn’t delete it is so many quoted it. Infraction given.

C

cobraboy

It rained so hard in Jarabacoa in the afternoon yesterday that water was spurting out of storm sewer openings. Had children stuck at the school until after 6 pm due to the streets being rivers.
I measure rain by pool level. We got 1.5+" in that deluge. Camp Moto lawn and drive were flooded with standing water.

M

melphis

What was your old DR1 handle?

With the lack of proper grammar, complete blindness and the what appears to be a very closed mind I know who I would bet money on.
Calling NASA scientists right wing fakes doesn't present an image of intelligence.

Last edited:
C

chico bill

Typical reaction form the Uber-Warmer Believers. They wish to silence discussion - because darn it, It's settled science - end of discussion. Pass the carbon tax now ! (for the rich only)

C

CristoRey

The mountains that save the D.R. from many hurricanes are not located in the D.R..
They are in Puerto Rico.

I live in Santiago surrounded by mountains..
They are and always will be a buffer against hurricanes.

D

drstock

Hopefully this will shut down the hype and hysteria that goes with the whole "Climate Change/ Global Warming" scenario

I know that I'm going to get slaughtered for saying this, on this site dominated by elderly American climate change deniers, but there are so many more articles to be found saying that humans are to blame for Climate Change and that is why the rest of the world believe them.

I don't post on the Off Topic section of DR1 because I know how aggressive people get there, but this is in the "Living" section. Maybe it's time it was moved to Off Topic, because there is very little DR content.

M

melphis

I know that I'm going to get slaughtered for saying this, on this site dominated by elderly American climate change deniers, but there are so many more articles to be found saying that humans are to blame for Climate Change and that is why the rest of the world believe them.

I don't post on the Off Topic section of DR1 because I know how aggressive people get there, but this is in the "Living" section. Maybe it's time it was moved to Off Topic, because there is very little DR content.

I believe for the most part this article shows how badly things have gotten out of hand as to who can you believe. There is so much fear mongering going on from the climate change will kill us this week side that they can't be trusted.
I think pollution should be a far great concern at this time. When you have a floating island of plastic twice the size of France in the pacific it really needs to be dealt with. Maybe it could be recycled into a plastic wall??
BTW I am not an elderly American

S

Son of a sailor

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/b...k-that-humans-are-causing-global-warming-now/

I'm looking at nasa's website, it contradicts the fake news website you quote...follow the link if you actually care.

also, sry for the bad language, its from the frustration we feel because we don't get the rains you guys are getting, so its real to us, and it is malicious bragging when people talk about having so much rain its spurting out everywhere.

i don't know if its going to be permanent like the UN says, i have my doubts as well, but i sure hope not.

C

cobraboy

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/b...k-that-humans-are-causing-global-warming-now/

I'm looking at nasa's website, it contradicts the fake news website you quote...follow the link if you actually care.

also, sry for the bad language, its from the frustration we feel because we don't get the rains you guys are getting, so its real to us, and it is malicious bragging when people talk about having so much rain its spurting out everywhere.

i don't know if its going to be permanent like the UN says, i have my doubts as well, but i sure hope not.
Your chosen area of the country is in the trade wind shadow. It has been dry there forever. I doubt that will change, and it has nothing to do with Climate Change.

Some parts of the island are very dry.

D

drstock

Wow. I assume that the earthobservatory.nasa.gov website you quote is real, and it just shows how easy it is to quote rubbish and make it appear real as on the OAN website.